156.5 Acres ± • 2 Tracts
MONDAY, MARCH 12, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Auction to be held at St. Luke’s Parish Hall, 170 North Main Street, Virginia, IL
LOCATION & GENERAL INFORMATION
The Armstrong Family Farm is generally located 3 miles south of Chandlerville, IL near Jim Edgar Panther Creek State Park and is further described as being located in section 19, T18N – R9W, Panther Creek Twp, Cass County, IL. This farm sells free & clear for the fast approaching 2018 crop season! The total taxes for both tracts are $968.98.
- Tillable cropland!
- Excellent whitetail deer & wild turkey habitat!
Tract 1 – 80 Acres ±
- FSA figures indicate 71.91 acres of cropland currently in row crop production
- The balance of this tract is in timber
- Soil types include Fayette, Sylvan-Bold, Ipava, Rozetta & Keomah
- Access is along the north side by Palmerton Road & along the east side by Olive Branch Road
Tract 2 – 76.5 Acres ±
- FSA figures indicate 44.06 acres of cropland, of which, 38.86 acres are currently in row crop production
- The remaining 5.2 acres of cropland are currently enrolled in CRP
- 1.90 acres are enrolled in CRP at a payment rate of $192 per acre through 2023
- 3.30 acres are enrolled in CRP at a payment rate of $75.73 per acre 2020
- The balance of this tract is in timber & draws which are ideal for whitetail deer & wild turkey habitat
- Access is along the north side by Palmerton Road
METHOD & TERMS
Both tracts will be sold on a price per acre basis, based on taxable acres. The tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice” whereas the high bidder can elect (in any order) either or both tracts. “Buyer’s Choice” auctioning will continue until both tracts have been sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing on or before Thursday, April 12, 2018. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller.
The 2017 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2018, will be paid by the seller. The 2018 real estate taxes & subsequent years will be paid by the buyer. Full possession will be given at the time of closing. The farm sells free & clear for the fast approaching 2018 crop year. There are no hunting leases associated with the property.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
This is a court ordered sale and will sell subject to court approval.
THE STEPHEN TRUST
Attorney: Eddie Carpenter • Jacksonville, IL • (217) 243-7725
THE ARMSTRONG FAMILY
Attorney: William H. Knuppel • Havana, IL • (309) 543-2291
Auction Manager: Michael Sullivan (309) 333-0916