144 Acres± (Subject to Survey) • 3 Tracts
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Auction to be held at the Bear Creek American Legion, located east of Ursa, Illinois.
OPEN HOUSE: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH 11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
Location & General Information
Land located in Sections 1 & 12, T1N•R8W, Mendon Township, Adams County, IL.
Land represents productive tillable farmland and a country home with outbuildings — all ideally located along both sides of Expressway 336, just east of Mendon, IL!
Tract 1 – 62 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- FSA figures indicate 50.1 acres of cropland currently in row crop production
- PI Rating: 116.2
- Soil types: Greenbush, Clarksdale, Timewell, Fishhook, Virden and a few other smaller soil complexes
- Improvements include an open front Morton building machinery storage shed
- Access is along the entire east side by County Rd. 1300E (old US Hwy. 61) and along the west by Expressway 336
Tract 2 – 80 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- FSA figures should indicate 60.87 acres of cropland currently in row crop production
- PI Rating: 113.2
- Soil types: Clarksdale, Lawson, Fishhook, Greenbush, Bunkum and a few other smaller soil complexes
- Access is along the entire east side by Expressway 336
Tract 3 – 2 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- This ideally located 2 acre tract of land is improved with a large 2 story country home. This home has a newer boiler for a hot water heat that was installed in November ’17 and a new roof in the summer of ’18. Other improvements include barn, storage shed and a smaller 1-car garage.
- Very nice country picturesque setting with all weather hard surface road running on the east side (old US Hwy. 61)
Method & Terms
The acres in this advertisement are approximate. A survey is in progress and will be completed prior to the auction. Tracts 1 & 2 will be sold on a price per acre basis, with the surveyed acres being used to constitute the final settlement price. Tract 3 will be sold for a “lump sum” total dollar amount. Tracts 1 & 2 will be offered through the marking method of “Buyer’s Choice”. The tracts will NOT be offered in their entirety or in any combinations at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing on or before December 26, 2018. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2018 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2019, will be paid by the seller. The 2019 real estate taxes will be paid by the buyer(s). Possession will be given at the time of closing. The farm sells free & clear for the 2019 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Early 1930s photo in front of the house with Alta and her parents
Auctioneers’ Note: This farm has been in the family for over 100 years! Alta recently passed away at the age of 106 years old and was born in this house. Alta’s father, Charles B. Evans, was awarded the Carnegie Medal of Heroism from his attempt to save a neighboring farmer in 1906. The money awarded from this honor was used to build the large timber-frame barn that currently stands on the property. The history and family roots run deep on this farm. Mark your calendars now and we hope to see you November 26th!
Alta I. Guthrie Estate
Diana Simon & Phyllis Wildman – Co-Executors
Henry B. Geise
636 Hampshire, Suite 202
Quincy, IL 62301
ATTENTION: THE EQUIPMENT, ANTIQUES & MISCELLANEOUS WILL BE SOLD AT MILLER AUCTION HOUSE, NEAR CAMP POINT, IL ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH.