Sold! Tract 1 – $4,550 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 2 – $6,500 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 3 – $4,200 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 4 – $2,650 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 5 – $3,050 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 6 – $4,075 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 7 – $5,300 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 8 – $73,500 Lump Sum
577.6 SURVEYED ACRES • 8 TRACTS
Friday, November 17, 2017 at 10:00 A.M.
AUCTION VENUE: The Stoney Creek Inn, 3809 Broadway St, Quincy, IL 62305
Location & General Information
The Tieken land is located approximately 2 miles southeast of Mendon, IL & approximately 15 miles northeast of Quincy, IL. The property is ideally located just 1/2 mile east of the Hwy. 336 4-lane. The land is further described as being located in Sections 7, 17 & 18 of Honey Creek Township, Adams County, IL. The land represents several nearly 100% tillable tracts, several outstanding hunting & outdoor recreational tracts, improved pasture land & a country home. Farmers, investors, hunters, outdoor enthusiasts & country home buyers. Be sure to check out this property which offers something for everyone!
The Tieken land represents productive, tillable crop acres, outstanding hunting & recreational land and a country home!
(All Tracts Subject to Survey)
Tract 1 – 158.8 SURVEYED ACRES
• FSA figures indicate 128 acres of cropland with a Crop Productivity Index (PI) of 112.
• Predominant soils on the tillable acres are Clarksdale, Ursa, Bunkum, Keomah & Greenbush.
• The balance of the acres consists of timber & draws which offer excellent whitetail deer and wildlife habitat.• Extensive conservation work has been completed with dry dams & grassed waterways.
• Road access is located in the southwest corner by County Road 1250N.
Tract 2 – 30.9 SURVEYED ACRES
• This tract has approximately 28 tillable acres with a PI of 117.1.
• Predominant soils on the tillable acres are Keomah, Timewell, Ursa & Bunkum.
• Tract 2 is improved with an older machine shed and wooden corn crib.• This tract has had extensive conservation work with dry dams and grassed waterways.
• Road access is along the west side by County Road E 1300th Pl.
Tract 3 – 45.9 SURVEYED ACRES
• FSA figures indicate approximately 6.8 tillable acres with a PI of 116.5.
• Predominant soils on the tillable acres are Keomah, Rozetta & Bunkum.
• The majority of this tract is in mature timber which offers excellent whitetail deer, wild turkey and other wildlife.
• Tract 3 has mature, harvestable trees to include oak, maple, cherry & other hardwoods.
• Road access is located on the south side by a private road.
Tract 4 – 126.5 SURVEYED ACRES
• This tract is 100% mature timber which offers some of the best whitetail deer, wild turkey and other wildlife to be found in the area.
• Tract 4 has significant mature, harvestable trees to include oak, walnut, maple, cherry & other hardwoods.
• Road access is via a private road located along the south sides of Tracts 2 & 3 and enters Tract 4 on the west side.
Tract 5 – 115.0 SURVEYED ACRES
• FSA figures indicate 32 acres of cropland with a PI of 117.4.
• This tract has 24.3 acres enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP). There are 2 separate CRP contracts. One contract has a rate of $168.95 per acre with the second contract having a rate of $163.77 per acre. Both contracts expire in 2023.
• Predominant soils on the tillable acres are Rozetta, Wakeland & Keomah.
• The balance of this parcel is mature timber and open pasture land and offers excellent hunting & wildlife habitat.
• Improvements include an older barn with walk out basement, shop/machine shed, an open front livestock shed and 2 small grain bins.
• Road access is from the north off of County Road E 1400th St.
Tract 6 – 70.2 SURVEYED ACRES
• This tract is nearly all tillable (65.59 acres according to FSA) with a PI of 104.6.
• Predominant soils on the tillable acres are Rozetta & Fishhook.
• This tract has 45.6 acres enrolled in the CRP until 2023 at a rate of $163.77 per acre.
• Road access is along the west side via County Road E 1400th St.
Tract 7 – 29.3 SURVEYED ACRES
• This tract is nearly all tillable (26.6 acres according to FSA) with a PI of 111.6.
• Predominant soils on the tillable acres are Rozetta, Fishhook & Keomah.
• This tract is enrolled in the CRP until 2023 at a rate of $163.77 per acre.
• Road access is along the west side via County Road E 1364th St. and on the south by N 2200th Ave.
Tract 8 – Country Home on 1.0 SURVEYED ACRES
• Tract 8 is improved with a large, older 2-story country home that features:
• 10 rooms including 4 bedrooms
• Large eat-in kitchen
• Attached 11⁄2 car garage
• Central air conditioning/LP gas forced air furnace
• Aluminum siding with a newer asphalt shingled roof
• Deep water well with excellent capacity
• Property is also improved with a quonset style storage shed.
• Road access is from the north via County Road E 1400th St.
• If you’re looking for a well maintained country home with a private setting, be sure to check out this property.
Method and Terms
All 8 tracts have recently been surveyed. Tracts 1-7 will be sold on a price per acre basis based on the surveyed acres and will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice” whereas the high bidder can elect (in any order) any or all tracts for their high bid. “Buyer’s Choice” of auctioning will continue until all 7 tracts have been sold. Tract 8 will then be sold for a lump sum total dollar amount. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing on or before Monday, December 18, 2017. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2017 real estate taxes due and payable in 2018 will be paid by the seller, with the 2018 and all subsequent years being paid by the new buyer. Full possession will be given at the time of closing, subject only to the remainder of the ’17 farm tenancy. The farm sells free & clear for the 2018 crop year. There is no hunting lease associated with the farm.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
THE TIEKEN FARM
Richard Tieken & Patricia Grant
John R. Longlett
Lewis & Longlett
435 Hampshire Street
Quincy, IL 62301
Phone: (217) 224-1240