FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2016 AT 5:00 P.M.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $1,850.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $9,000.00 LUMP SUM
TRACT 3 – $3,250.00 LUMP SUM – N/S
80.12 Surveyed Acres • 3 Tracts
AUCTION TO BE HELD AT THE MOTEL 60 BANQUET ROOM, 117 N. 18TH STREET, CENTERVILLE, IA 52544
Land is located 5 miles northeast of Centerville, IA in Section 14, Douglas Township, Appanoose County, IA.
From the Junction of Highways 2 & 5 in Centerville, IA, go east 3 1⁄2 miles to 258th Ave. (Cty. Rd. T4J). Turn left or north on 258th Ave. and go 2 1⁄2 miles to 485th St. Turn right or east on 485th St. and proceed 1 1⁄4 miles to the farm.
(Be watching for pre-sale directional signs.)
Tract 1 – 78.32 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 77.96 acres tillable with 30.47 acres currently in production. This tract also has 6.4 acres enrolled in CRP at $89.20 per acre for an annual payment of $571.00 through 9-30-2018.
- Productive soils include Gara, Clarinda & Seymour.
- CSR2 is 39.5
- The improved pastureland on this tract offers a pond & 4 paddocks with waters for rotational grazing.
- Access is along the south side by 485th St.
Tract 2 – 0.79 Surveyed Acres
- This tract features a 1 1⁄2 story country home with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a basement, as well as several useable outbuildings.
- Access is from the south by 485th St.
Tract 3 – 1.01 Surveyed Acres
- This parcel offers a ranch style 2 bedroom, 1 bath country home with a full basement and garage area.
- Access is on the south by 485th St.
METHOD AND TERMS
The Alta Head Farm will be sold in three tracts, based on a survey has recently been completed. Said survey will be used to constitute the final settlement price. Tract 1 will be sold first on a price per acre basis. Tract 2 will be sold next, then Tract 3, both for a LUMP SUM total dollar amount. Tracts will not be offered in their entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten percent (10%) of the bid price will be due on the day of the sale with the balance due at the time of closing and upon delivery of merchantable deed and abstract. Closing on all tracts is scheduled to be on or before June 27, 2016. Real estate taxes will be prorated to date of possession, based upon the last available tax statement. Full possession will be given at the time of closing on Tracts 1 & 2. Possession on Tract 3 will be subject to a lease with the tenant.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
ALTA HEAD ESTATE
Carl William Head – Executor
For additional information contact our national rep: John Probasco 641-856-7355
Orsborn, Milani, Mitchell & Goedken, LLP
105 West Van Buren Street • PO Box 518
Centerville, Iowa 52544
John A. Pabst
212 Benton Avenue West
Albia, IA 52531