134.73 Surveyed Acres – 2 Tracts
Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 10:00 A.M.
Auction to be held at the K of C Hall, W Quincy Rd., Mt. Sterling, IL 62353
Location & General Information
The Ufkes-Ramsey farm is located 7 miles east of Mt. Sterling and/or 9 miles southwest of Rushville near Cooperstown. The farm is further described as being located in Sections 15 & 16, T1S – R2W, Cooperstown Township, Brown County, IL.
Both tracts represent tillable farmland in addition to premier hunting & recreational acreage!
Tract 1 – 40.38 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate approx. 22.24 acres of cropland currently in row crop production
- PI Rating of 109.4 with predominantly Fayette soils
- The balance of the farm is in timber & draws which are ideal for whitetail deer & other wildlife habitat
- Several areas for food plots
- There is also a creek that runs through the property and a pond located in the southern portion of this tract
- Access is along the north side by County Rd. 950 N and along the west by 1475 E St.
Tract 2 – 94.35 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate approx. 44.2 acres of cropland currently in row crop production
- PI Rating of 114.3 with predominantly Fayette, Haymond & Downs soils
- The balance of the farm is in timber draws & thick, brushy grass areas which are ideal for whitetail deer & other wildlife habitat
- Several areas for food plots
- There are also 2 creeks that run through the property
- Great combination of income producing tillable acres, timber draws & thick, grassy bedding areas
- Access is along the north side by County Rd. 950 N
Method & Terms
Both tracts have recently been surveyed and will be sold on a price per acre basis, based on said survey. Both tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” whereas the high bidder can elect (in any order) either or both tracts for their high bid. Auctioning will continue until both tracts have been sold. The tracts will NOT be offered in their entirety or in any combination at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing, on or before Tuesday, April 9, 2019. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2018 real estate taxes will be paid by the seller based upon the most recent tax statement available, with the 2019 and all subsequent years being paid by the new buyer. Possession will be given at closing. The farms sells free and clear for the 2019 crop year. There are no hunting leases associated with the property.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Ufkes-Ramsey Properties, LLC
John N. Hauk
Hauk & Owens Attorneys
117 W. Main St., Mt. Sterling, IL 62353
Auction Manager: Michael Sullivan (309) 333-0916