Sold! Tract 1 – $7,600.00 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 2 – $7,600.00 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 3 – $2,800.00 Per Acre
Friday, March 16, 2018 @ 1:00 P.M
Auction Location: Brown County YMCA, 896 IL 99 850 E Street, Mt. Sterling, IL
203.35 Surveyed Acres± • 3 Tracts
Location & General Information
The Stutzman farm is located 9 miles west of Mt. Sterling, IL. (Mt. Sterling is located 40 miles east of Quincy, IL, or 60 miles west of Springfield, IL.) From Mt. Sterling take Hwy. 24 west 5 miles to County Road 200E (Timewell Tile), then south 1/2 mile to County Road 1000N, then west 1 mile to County Road 100E, then south 2 miles, then west 1/2 mile. The property is further described as being located in the north half of Section 30, Lee Township, Brown County, IL.
The Stutzman farm contains a total of 203.35 surveyed acres and will be sold in 3 individual tracts. Tracts 1 & 2 are nearly all tillable and sell with full possession for 2018. Tract 3 is timberland and woods which offers excellent hunting as well as tillable acres, 2 ponds and an older set of farm buildings.
Tract 1 – 41.42 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate 36.52 tillable acres.
- Soils include Clarksdale, Keomah, Rozetta & Timewell.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) rating of 124.3
- Tract 1 has road access along the entire north side.
Tract 2 – 20.70 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate 18.24 tillable acres.
- Soils include Keomah, Rozetta, Fayette & Clarksdale.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) rating of 117.9
- Tract 2 has road access in the northeast corner.
Tract 3 – 141.23 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate 37.83 tillable acres.
- Soils include Rozetta, Fayette & Haymond.
- Crop Productivity Index (PI) rating of 111.8
- The balance of Tract 3 is woods and pasture with 2 ponds and offers excellent hunting with whitetail deer, wild turkey and other small game.
- Improvements include an older pole type machine livestock shed, small milking parlor, concrete stave silo and deep water well.
- Tract 3 has road access in the northeast corner.
Method and Terms
All 3 tracts have recently been surveyed and will be sold on a price per acre basis based on the surveyed acres. All 3 tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice” whereas the high bidder can purchase (in any order) any or all of the tracts for their high bid. The tracts will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing on or before Monday, April 16, 2018. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2017 real estate taxes due and payable in 2018 will be paid by the seller, with the 2018 and all subsequent years being paid by the new buyer. Full possession will be given at the time of closing. The farm sells free & clear for the 2018 crop year. There are no hunting leases associated with the farm.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.