Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 11:00 A.M.
Sale to be held at the: American Legion, Bloomfield, Iowa
140 Acres± • 2 Tracts
PROPERTY SHOWING: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH FROM 2:00 – 4:00 P.M.
LOCATION & GENERAL INFORMATION
The Zierer Dairy is generally located 9 miles west of Bloomfield, Iowa or 1 1/2 mile northwest of West Grove, Iowa. Specifically at 12672 220th Street, Bloomfield, Iowa 52537.
Go west of Bloomfield, Iowa on Highway 2 approximately 9 miles or west of West Grove, Iowa approximately 1/2 mile to Driftwood Blvd., then north approximately 1 mile to 220th Street, then west 1 1/4 miles to the dairy farm.
Don’t miss this opportunity to buy a premier Southern Iowa dairy farm. This farm would also be a great cattle embryo transfer or bull stud collection facility.
Tract 1 • 71.24 Acres±
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 21 acres of tillable cropland, with the balance being in timber area and timber draws.
- Soil types: Lindley loam, Armstrong loam & Gara-Armstrong loam.
- CSR 2 is 44.4 (tillable acres)
- This tract is improved with a 5 bedroom home and the milking parlor that includes a double 5 surge Westphalia Herringbone set up with a 3,000 gal. Mueller holding tank, as well as the employee lounge & office.
- This parcel also has several structures including 3 Harvestore silos, 2 cement silos all with unloaders, a 42’ x 54’ heated shop, a 42’ x 120’ open front machine shed, a 160’ x 92’ curtain barn and 2 – 48’ x 64’ tunnel vent barns also extensive amount of fence line bunks.
- You will look hard to find a facility that rivals this one! We urge you to take a look.
- This parcel has a DNR approved manure pit system.
- Access is along the entire south side by 220th Street.
Tract 2 • 69.63 Acres±
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 36 acres of tillable cropland, with the balance being in timber draws and includes a nice pond.
- Soil types: Nodaway-Lawson-Ackmore silt, Gara loam, and Vesser silt loam.
- CSR 2 is 59.4 (tillable acres)
- This tract was utilized as the heifer development facility and is improved with a 40’ x 105’ loafing shed, a 24’ x 122’ loafing shed, a 28’ x 72’ curtain building, and 40’ x 67’ barn with 23’ leanto attached. Other amenities include a large amount of fence line feed bunks, a Virginia style calf barn and 15 new head locks for heifer training.
- This parcel also has a DNR approved manure pit system.
- Access is along the entire north side by 220th Street.
METHOD & TERMS
The Zierer Dairy Farm will be sold on a price per acre basis based upon deeded acres. Tract 1 will be sold first, followed by Tract 2. Both tracts will be sold individually and will NOT be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Closing on both tracts is scheduled to be in approximately 30 days, on or before Thursday, March 29, 2018. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the sellers. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Full possession will be given at the time of closing.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate, however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.