Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 2:00 P.M.
Auction to be held at the Lewistown, IL VFW, 1323 South Main Street, Lewistown, IL
126 Acres± (1 Tract)
OPEN HOUSE: Saturday, February 2nd from 10:00 – 11:00 A.M.
2018 Corn Crop Yielded 219+ bushels per acre
2017 Soybean Crop Yielded 62+ bushels per acre
2016 Corn Crop Yielded 226+ bushels per acre
The Demith Farm is located 6 miles southwest of Cuba, IL, 7 miles northeast of Bernadotte, IL or 8 miles northwest of Lewistown, IL. From Lewistown, take County Hwy. 14 west 5.5 miles to N. Turner Rd, then north 2 miles. (15 miles southwest of Canton, 25 miles east of Macomb or 45 miles west of Peoria.) The property is further described as being located in the West Half of the Northwest Quarter of Section 2, T5N-R2E (Bernadotte Township), Fulton County, IL.
- 126 acres to be sold in 1 tract.
- FSA figures indicate 111.4 tillable acres:
- 94.6 NHEL acres currently being row cropped with a CPI of 117.2.
- 16.8 acres in CRP at $204 per acre, which expires in 2023.
- The balance of the acres is grass & wooded waterways.
- The property is improved with:
- (4) good usable grain bins – (3) 14,000 bu. bins and (1) 10,000 bu. drying bin.
- Nice Morton machine shed w/ concrete floor & (2) large sliding doors.
- An older 11⁄2 story wood frame 7-room home. The home has recently been lived in but is in need of extensive renovations. (Note: Open House – Sat. Feb. 2nd from 10 – 11 A.M.)
- Small, older storage shed.
- Public road access along the north side by E. Chockley Rd. & along the west side by N. Turner Rd.
Method & Terms
The farm will be sold on a price per acre basis, based on 126 acres. Immediately following the auction the successful buyer will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement and pay 10% of the bid price. The balance of the purchase price will be due in approximately 30 days, on or before March 14, 2019. An owner’s policy of title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2018 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2019, will be paid by the seller and the 2019 real estate taxes & subsequent years will be paid by the new buyer. Full possession will be given at the time of closing. Farm sells free and clear for 2019.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.