Sold! Tract 1 – $8,100 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 2 – $9,200 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 3 – $85,000 Lump Sum
Sold! Tract 4 – $5,250 Lump Sum
Sold! Tract 5 – $25,000 Lump Sum
Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 1:00 P.M.
Sale to be held at the Churdan Community Center, 410 Sand Street, Churdan, IA
165 Acres± • 5 Tracts
The 160 acre Carty Family Farm (Tracts 1 – 3) is located in Sections 26 & 35 of Cedar Township, Greene County, IA. In Churdan, IA take Co. Rd. E16 (140th St.) west 4 miles to E Ave. Turn left or south on E Ave. and go 1 mile to the farm. Tracts 4 & 5 consist of approximately 6 acres located in Section 20 of Highland Township, Greene County, IA, at the west edge of Churdan, IA on Harding St.
(Be watching for presale directional signs)
Tract 1 – 73.09 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 70.23 acres tillable
- Highly productive Nicollet & Clarion soils
- CSR2 is 84.5!
- This tract is improved with some field drainage tile.
- Access is on the south by 150th St.
Tract 2 – 79.97 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 77.16 acres tillable
- Highly productive soils include Clarion & Nicollet
- CSR2 is 84!
- This tract is improved with terraces & some field drainage tile
- Access is on the north by 150th St.
Tract 3 – 6.63 Surveyed Country Acreage
- Address: 512 150th St. Churdan, IA
- This parcel features a large 2 story country home that includes 3 bedrooms, 1 ½ baths and offers 2212 sq. ft. of living area. This home was also recently updated with a 34’ x 39’ attached garage.
- The tract also offers a 30’ x 62’ livestock building, a 24’ x 40’ storage building and a 17,000 bu. grain bin. This attractive acreage also includes a well established wind break and livestock holding/working areas.
- Access is on the south by 150th St.
Tract 4 – 2.04 Acres±
- Address: 906 Beecher St. Churdan, IA
- This parcel includes an older 1 story 3 bedroom home that is in need of repair and a 20’ x 30’ detached garage situated on a very nice wooded corner lot.
- The tract is conveniently located at the west edge of town and would make a very nice new home building site.
- Access is on the west by Beecher St. & on the south by Harding St. (140th St.)
Tract 5 – 3.27 Acres±
- Address: 400 Cass St. Churdan, IA
- This parcel features (3) 40’ x 100’ steel quonset buildings and a 10,000 bu. grain drying bin.
- FSA information should indicate 2 acres of tillable farmland that is currently in hay production.
- This tract is also ideally located and offers several business or development opportunities.
- Access is on the east by Cass St.
METHOD & TERMS
The Carty Properties will be offered in 5 tracts with Tracts 1 – 3 being recently surveyed. Tracts 1 & 2 will be sold first on a price per acre basis, and will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice”, whereas the high bidder can take either or both tracts for their high bid. After these two tracts have sold we will sell Tracts 3, 4 & 5 individually with each tract selling for a LUMP SUM total dollar amount. The tracts will NOT be offered in their entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price is due on the day of sale with the balance due upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Closing on all tracts is scheduled to be in approximately 30 days, on or before Friday, January 19, 2018. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the sellers. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession on Tracts 1, 2 & 3 will be given at the time of closing subject to a farm lease, with said lease ending March 1, 2018. Tracts 1 & 2 sell with full farming rights for the 2018 crop year. Full possession on Tracts 4 & 5 will be given on or before March 1, 2018. Subject to the Iowa Septic System “Time of Transfer” Law, the current septic system on Tract 3 will be required to be tested. All testing and any necessary repairs or updating needed will be at the expense of the buyers. For complete details contact the auction company.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
The Carty Family Farm
Doris F. Carty – Owner
Wyatt P. Peterson
PETERSON LAW FIRM, P.C.
304 N. Locust St.
P.O. Box 69
Winfield, Iowa 52659
Ph: (319) 257-6700
For additional information, contact Sullivan Auctioneers’ representatives:
Jim Huff (319) 931-9292 or John Probasco (641) 856-7355