197.45 Surveyed Acres – 2 Tracts
Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 6:00 P.M.
Auction to be held at the Eagles Club, 519 N. Madison St., Carthage, IL 62321
Location & General Information
The farm is located approx. 7 miles northeast of Carthage, IL near the small town of Webster. From the east edge of Carthage on Hwy 336, take Hwy 336 east approx. 4.5 miles to County Rd 2500E, then left or north approx. 3 miles to the farm. The farm is further described as being located in Section 36, T6N – R6W, Pilot Grove Township & Section 31, T6N – R5W, Fountain Green Township, Hancock County, IL.
Tract 1 – 40.69 Surveyed Acres
• FSA figures indicate 35.43 acres of NHEL cropland currently in row crop production
• PI Rating: 119.7
• Soil types include Keomah, Clarksdale & Virden
• There is a pond located in the northwest corner of this tract (approx. 1.5 acre)
• Access is along the east side by County Rd 2500E & along the south side by County Rd 1800N
Tract 2 – 156.76 Surveyed Acres
• FSA figures indicate 74.58 total acres of cropland. 53.46 acres of cropland are currently in row crop production. 16.2 acres of cropland are currently in hay production. The remaining 4.90 acres of cropland are enrolled in CRP at a payment rate of $175.19 per acre for an annual payment of $858. The contract expires 9-30-2023.
• PI Rating on tillable acres: 112.7
• Soil types include Keomah, Rozetta, Elco-Ursa & Elco
• The balance of the farm represents premier whitetail deer & other wildlife hunting/recreational land. There are 2 ponds located on this tract. One pond offers a park-like setting with mature oak trees and an older cabin overlooking the pond.
• Hunters take a look at this piece which offers tremendous hunting potential & income producing tillable acres.
• Access is along the east side by County Rd 2500E
Method and Terms
Both tracts have recently been surveyed and will sell on a price per acre basis. The tracts will be sold individually and will not be combined or offered in their entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing which is scheduled for Monday, January 6, 2019. The farm will close in 2020. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2019 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2020, will be paid by the seller. The 2020 & subsequent real estate taxes will be paid by the buyer(s). Possession will be given at the time of closing, subject only to the current tenant’s farm lease. The farm sells free & clear for the 2020 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
TRACT 1 PHOTOS
TRACT 2 PHOTOS
Thompson, Read, Park & Swinger – Sellers
Auction Manager: Michael Sullivan (309) 333-0916
Eric G. Icenogle
Capps, Ancelet, Icenogle & Wallace
55 S Adams St., Carthage, IL 62321