SOLD! TRACT 1 – $6,400.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $5,000.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $2,600.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 4 – $2,600.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 5 – $3,600.00 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $1,190,234.00
Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 10:00 A.M.
Sale to be held at the Best Western Fairfield Inn, Iowa, 2200 W Burlington Ave, Fairfield, IA 52556.
The Dickinson Farm is located in Sections 25, 26, 35 & 36, Liberty Township, Jefferson County, Iowa. At the south edge of Fairfield, Iowa take St. Hwy. 1 south 4½ miles to 265 St. Turn right or west and proceed 1 mile to Tracts 3 & 4. To access Tracts 1, 2 & 5 continue south 2 miles on St. Hwy. 1 to Jefferson-Van Buren Ave. Turn right or west and go 1 mile to Locust Ave. Turn right or north and proceed ½ mile to the parcels. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
Tract 1 • 89.77 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates 85.32 acres tillable with the balance in wooded draws.
- Productive soils include Pershing, Haig & Grundy
- CSR2 is 64.4
- Access is on the southeast by Locust Ave.
Tract 2 • 40.55 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates 33.57 acres tillable with the balance in a timber draw.
- Grundy, Arispe & Clarinda soils
- CSR2 is 50
- Access is on the west by Locust Ave.
Tract 3 • 72.26 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates 8.03 acres tillable that is currently in hay production.
- The balance of this parcel includes open pasture and wooded draws offering attractive recreational acreage. This tract offers several nice home or cabin building sites as well as a nice pond.
- Soils include Olmitz-Vessor-Zook, Lindley & Ashgrove
- CSR2 is 39.1
- Access is on the north by 265th St.
Tract 4 • 60.40 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates 47.73 acres tillable including 17.98 acres in CRP with a $246.18 per acre expiring 2030. The remainder of this parcel includes excellent recreational acreage with high signs of whitetail deer & wild turkey activity.
- Olmitz-Vessor-Zook, Pershing & Lindley soils
- CSR2 is 51.7
- Access is on the north by 265th St. via a 20’ ingress/egress easement across adjoining landowners to the north.
Tract 5 • 18.90 Surveyed Acres
- This tract is improved with a nice 45’ x 64’ Morton machinery storage building and a 40’ x 60’ open front livestock/hay building.
- The parcel includes a large stocked pond and features a nice new home building site.
- If you are looking for a secluded property to get away to the country or place for horses or a small cow herd, we urge you to have a look at this hard to find parcel.
- Access is on the south by Locust Ave.
Method & Terms
The Dickinson Farm will be sold in five (5) individual tracts based on a survey that is currently in progress, with the said surveyed acres used to constitute the final settlement price. All five (5) tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “buyers choice” whereas the high bidder can take any or all tracts for their high bid. Buyers choice auctioning will continue until all five (5) tracts are sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is not contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, August 6, 2019 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject to a lease with tenants. Buyer(s) will receive 50% of the cash rent income. For complete details contact the auction company.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
The Harold Dickinson Estate
Steve Dickinson – Executor
Rhonda Dickinson – Executor
Foss, Kuiken, & Cochran, P.C.
100 E. Burlington Ave. Ste 201
Fairfield, IA 52556
Phone: (641) 472-3129
For additional information, contact auction managers: Jim Huff (319) 931-9292 or Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320