Monday, November 19, 2018 at 5:00 P.M.
Sale to be held at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 2606 W. Burlington Ave., Fairfield, IA
120.99 Surveyed Acres • 1 Tract
The Brokken Farm is located is Section 19, Round Prairie Township, Jefferson County, IA. At the east edge of Fairfield, IA at Exit 214 (U.S. Hwy. 34 & Business Hwy. 34) go a short distance southeast to Osage Ave. Proceed south on Osage Ave. 1½ miles to Glasgow Rd. Turn left or southeast on Glasgow Rd. and go 6 miles to the property. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
- FSA information indicates 106.23 acres tillable including 17.23 acres in CRP. There are 11.40 acres in CRP with a payment of $181.46 per acre expiring in 2020 and 5.83 acres in CRP with a payment of $192.95 expiring in 2029.
- The balance of this farm is in waterways and wooded draws.
- Productive Haig, Grundy & Pershing soils
- CSR2 is 60
- This parcel includes a 2 acre building site that is improved with an older hay & livestock barn and 3 grain bins with 15,000 bu. of grain storage. Rathbun Rural water is located on the property.
- Access is on the north by Co. Rd. H46 (Glasgow Rd.) and on the east by Tamarack Ave.
METHOD & TERMS
The Brokken Farm will be sold on a price per acre basis, based on a survey that has been completed. Said surveyed acres will be used to constitute the final settlement price.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Closing is scheduled to be in approximately 30 days, on or before Friday, December 21, 2018. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject to a lease with the tenant for the 2018 crop year. The farm sells with full farming rights for the 2019 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate, however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.