Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 10:00 A.M.
240.04 Surveyed Acres • 3 Tracts
Sale to be held at Libertyville Community Center, Libertyville, Iowa
Selling 240.04 surveyed acres located in Section 22 of Des Moines Township, Jefferson County, Iowa. To be sold in 3 tracts.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $3,075.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $3,700.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $1,900.00 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $662,269.75
Farm is located 2 1/2 miles southwest of Libertyville, Iowa.
Farm represents productive tillable farmland, pastureland and offers several recreational opportunities.
Farm sells free and clear for the ’16 crop year!
Location & General Information
The Berry Farm is located in Section 22, Des Moines Township, Jefferson County, IA, 2½ miles southwest of Libertyville, IA (12 miles southwest of Fairfield, IA). From Libertyville, IA, take Co. Rd. H43 (240th St.) west 3 miles to Dewberry Ave., turn left or south on Dewberry Ave. and go 1½ miles to 255th St., turn left or east on 255th St. and proceed ½ mile to the farm. (Be watching for pre-sale directional signs.)
Tract 1 – 80.49 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 58.29 acres tillable with the balance of this tract being in waterways, timber draws and small pasture areas.
- Productive soils include Olmitz-Vesser-Zook, Pershing and Rhinda.
- CSR2: 57
- Access is on the south by 255th St. and on the east by Elm Ave.
Tract 2 – 60.01 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 59.13 acres tillable.
- Productive soils include Grundy, Pershing and Rhinda.
- CSR2: 51.3
- Access is on the north by 255th St. via a driveway that will need to be constructed. Said driveway has been approved by the Jefferson County Secondary Road Department and is subject to their specifications. All driveway construction costs will be at the buyer’s expense.
Tract 3 – 97.54 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 19.35 acres tillable with the balance in open pasture/hay production, hardwood timber & draws. The pasture and timber areas offer an excellent opportunity for the cattleman, as well as great cover and habitat for all species of wildlife.
- Soils include Olmitz-Vesser-Zook, Rhinda & Gara
- CSR2: 49.5
- Access is on the north by 255th St.
METHOD AND TERMS
The Berry farm will sell in 3 individual tracts on a price per acre basis, subject to a survey that is currently being conducted. Said survey will be used to calculate the final sale price. All three tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” whereas the high bidder may take any or all tracts for their high bid. Buyer’s Choice auctioning will continue until all tracts have sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
At the auction immediately following the bidding, the winning bidder(s) will be required to sign a real estate sales contract and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing.
Closing is scheduled to be on or before Tuesday, April 5, 2016 upon delivery of merchantable abstract and deed. The real estate taxes will be prorated to date of possession, based upon the last available tax statement. Full possession will be given at the time of closing.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Jack Berry – Seller
Representing & Closing Attorney:
Foss Kuiken Gookin Cochran
100 S Court St #201,
Fairfield, IA 52556