MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2015
TWO SEPARATE TIMES & LOCATIONS — PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $2,500.00/ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $2,100.00/ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $2,525.00/ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 4 – $4,100.00 LUMP SUM
SOLD! TRACT 5 – $72,500.00 LUMP SUM
SOLD! TRACT 6 – $75,000.00 LUMP SUM
TOTAL – $805,399.25
OPEN HOUSES/PUBLIC SHOWING: Mon. Eve., Nov. 16th 4:30 – 5:30 P.M.
2:00 P.M. — 308 ACRES ± • WAPELLO COUNTY, IA FARMLAND
Sale to be held at the Bridge View Center, 102 Church St, Ottumwa, IA 52501
PLAT & AERIAL
LOCATION & GENERAL INFORMATION
Land is located in Sections 13, 14 & 23 T71N•R15W, Adams Township, Wapello County, Iowa. From Blakesburg, Iowa, at the intersection of Main Street and State Street, take State Street east out of town (State Street turns into H47) approximately 2.5 miles to the curve (Copperhead Road), then continue east, south and east on Copperhead Road 2.5 miles to 220nd Ave., then right or south .5 miles to the farm. Watch for presale directional signs.
The “Smith Family Farm” offers it all with awesome whitetail deer and wild turkey hunting, tillable farmland, CRP income, 2 country homes, premier building sites and secluded “getaway” small attractive land!
Tract 1 – 100 Acres ± (subject to survey)
- FSA figures indicate 45.13 acres in cropland which is currently enrolled in CRP through September of ‘19 at a rate of $94.88 per acre.
- The balance is in improved pasture, timber & a large lake.
- Check out this tract… Offering CRP income, outstanding whitetail deer and wild turkey hunting as well as a large watershed structure!
- Access is from 202nd Ave. with a deeded right of way.
Tract 2 – 126 Acres ± (subject to survey)
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 85 acres of cropland (37.53 acres NHEL) with 48.13 of those acres enrolled in CRP through September ‘19 at a rate of $89.47 per acre.
- The balance consists of large timber and wooded draws which offers “premier” whitetail deer, wild turkey, quail and pheasant hunting!
- Access is along the north by 202nd Ave.
Tract 3 – 52 Acres ± (subject to survey)
- FSA figures should indicate 21.71 acres of cropland of which 12.1 acres are enrolled in CRP through September ‘19 at a rate of $89.47 per acre.
- The balance is in pasture and wooded draws.
- Large mature timber lies to the north and south of this tract with a “high traffic” corridor of whitetail deer from north to south!
- Access is near the northwest portion off 202nd Ave.
Tract 4 – 5 Acres ± (subject to survey)
- This small tract offers an ideal building site or weekend getaway.
- If looking to build a home in the country… look no further!
- Access is along the entire south side by 202nd Ave.
Tract 5 – 20 Acres ± (subject to survey)
- This very nice and attractive 20 acre parcel of land is improved with a “ranch” manufactured 1,000 sq. ft. home with a basement and attached garage. For additional information on this home contact John Probasco at 641-856-7355 or attend the open house on Monday eve., November 16 from 4:30-5:30 P.M.
- The balance of this tract consists of pastureland and mature trees.
- This property is supplied by rural water and has many additional outstanding building sites.
- Access is near the northeast portion off 202nd Ave.
Tract 6 – 5 Acres ± (subject to survey)
- This tract consists of approximately 5 acres and is improved with a 1,456 sq. ft. home with attached garage. Other improvements include a pole barn.
- Other attractive features of this tract included with a nice pond, garden area and trees sparsely scattered around!
- This property is supplied by rural water.
- Access along the entire north side 202nd Ave.
METHOD & TERMS
Tracts 1, 2 & 3 will be sold on a price per acre basis and offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” whereas the high bidder can elect (in any order) any or all tracts for their high bid. Buyer’s Choice auctioning will continue until Tracts 1, 2 & 3 have been sold. Tracts 4, 5 & 6 will sell individually for a “LUMP SUM” total dollar amount. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
A survey is in progress and will be completed prior to sale day with said surveyed acres being used to calculate the final settlement price.
Ten percent (10%) of the bid price will be due on the day of the auction, with the balance due at the time of closing and upon delivery of merchantable abstract and deed. Closing of all tracts is scheduled to be on or before December 30, 2015. Real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of possession, based upon the last available tax statement. Full possession will be given at the time of closing on both of the homes with possession on the other tracts selling subject to the current tenant for ‘15. All tracts sell free and clear for ‘16.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
9:00 A.M. — PERSONAL PROPERTY
To be sold at the farm, east of Blakesburg, Iowa (on Tract #6)
Lawn & Garden • Tools • Misc.
Dixon “Speed” ZTR 54” cut, Kawasaki 24 HP S/N 050912C001614, 29.2 hours; Dixon “Speed” ZTR 54” cut, Kawasaki 24 HP S/N 050912C001619, 46.9 hours; Yard Machine 20” 3.5 HP lawn mower; Poulan Pro 17” 6.5 HP Rear tine tiller; Poulan Pro 17” 850 series Rear tine tiller; Earthquake mod. 7055 6 HP rear tine tiller; Still MM55 small spot tiller; Poulan Pro 22” push type string trimmer; White 3.5 HP sidewalk edger; Brute 2500 PSI power washer; “Load Hog” 2 wheel metal lawn cart; Craftsman 10” 3 HP table saw; (2) wheel barrows; Ranch King 42” lawn sweep; Campbell Hausfeld mini air compressor; (2) 2 wheel bench grinders; Shop vac; Vise; Limb trimmer; 3 Ton engine hoist; Old hand corn planter; Ladders; Hand tools; String trimmers; Battery chargers; Lawn fertilizer spreader; Electric cords; Live animal trap; Garden hoses; Tool boxes; Floor jack; Chain saws; Hedge trimmers; Car ramps; Wrenches; Hammers; Saws; Gas cans; Fruit jars.
Household & Misc.
(2) Refrigerators – Whirlpool 14 cu. ft.; Signature chest type freezer; Extensive outdoor Christmas decor; (2) Console sewing machine; “Cold storage” 3 door metal insulated ice box; Childs wagon; Highchair; Metal detector; Schlitz beer clock; Card table; Vacuum cleaner; Pans; Pitcher & bowl; Record players; (3) Guitars; LaTosca accordion; Couch; Board games; Dolls, chalk & bisque; Quilting frame; Yellow depression glass; Vinyl records; 2 drawer file cabinet; Organ; Table & chairs; Extensive Avon items collection, new in boxes.
Mark your calendars & now make plans to attend this large land and personal property auction. Please note the 2 separate times and locations. Lunch available at the 9:00 A.M. personal property auction by Brooklyn Steak House Catering & complimentary refreshments will be served at the 2:00 P.M. land auction. Not responsible for accidents.
Garland Joyce Smith Trust
Susan J. Speas & LaVina (Cookie) Allison • Trustees
For additional info., contact Sullivan Auctioneers’ National Rep.: John Probasco at (641) 856-7355
Bradley M. Grothe
Craver & Grothe, LLP
303 W. State Street
Centerville, IA 52544
Phone (641) 856-2244