142.191 SURVEYED ACRES – 3 TRACTS
Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 11:00 A.M.
Auction Venue: Kapp’s Banquet Facility, 201 W 1st St #12, Rock Falls, IL 61071 ONLINE ONLY! – NO ONSITE BIDDING!
IMPORTANT UPDATE! PLEASE READ
- Due to COVID-19, this auction has been changed to an ONLINE ONLY bidding platform event – No onsite bidding.
- Individuals wishing to bid must register with ProxiBid (see link below).
If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161. Thank you.
Click here to continue to this Proxibid event. After entering, click on ‘Participate in this Event’ which will allow you to participate if you have an account with Proxibid or it also will allow you to set up an account and then participate.
Location & General Information
Tracts 1 & 2 are located a short distance northeast of Sterling-Rock Falls and is further described as being located in Section 8, T21N – R8E, Palmyra Twp, Lee County, IL. Tract 3 is located on the north side of the Rock River, halfway between Sterling and Dixon, near Illinois State Highway Route 2 and is further described as being located in Section 10, T21N – R8E, Palmyra Twp, Lee County, IL.
Tract 1 represents Class A, tillable farmland selling free & clear for the fast approaching 2020 crop year!
Tract 2 represents a 2-story home, machine shed, detached heated truck garage, heated shop, and detached car garage situated on 5 acres.
Tract 3 represents a lot in the small tranquil subdivision of “Rockside” in Dixon, IL.
Tract 1 – 137.191 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate 134.34 acres of NHEL cropland
- PI Rating: 140.5 (Class A)
- Productive soil types include Parkway, Otter, Muscatune, Blackberry & Drummer
- Extensive tile work has been done
- Excellent yield history
- Access is along the west side by Mound Hill Road
Tract 2 – 5.00 Surveyed Acres
- Two-Story farm house includes 3,500 sq. ft., 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, full basement, Generac automatic standby generator & an extensive list of improvements to the house
House improvements include:
- New roof in 2012
- New double pane windows in 2005
- New central A/C in 2007
- New natural gas furnace in 2008
- New seamless gutters and new flashing in 2010
- New water softener in 2013
- New natural gas powered Generac 20kw standby generator and automatic transfer switch in 2015.
- Other improvements include a Wicks 60′ x 125′ machine shed, Wicks 30′ x 32′ heated truck garage w/ overhead hoist, 20′ x 36′ heated shop, detached 3-car garage, an asphalt driveway and 2500 gal fuel barrel
- Wicks machine shed has 15′ tall doors, 30′ wide opening, 15’x27′ concrete pad, 220 amp electrical service
- Wicks truck garage has 10′ tall door, 20′ wide opening, 175 PSI air compressor, 220 amp electrical service
- This piece also offers 2.07 acres of cropland
- The entire property including the homes & buildings have been well maintained
- Open House: Saturday, March 28 from 9 to 10 A.M.
- Address: 1690 Mound Hill Rd., Dixon, IL 61021
- Access is along the west side by Mound Hill Road
Tract 3 – 1.258 Acre Lot
- This lot is located in the “Rockside Subdivision,” which is a small, tranquil subdivision with 11 homes.
- This lot offers a nice view of Rock River (there are captivating birds and wildlife along Rock River)
- There is a boat ramp for owners only
- Zoned: Residential
- PIN 07-10-327-023
- This tract will sell for a lump sum total dollar amount
- pH 6.3
- P 102 #/A
- K 756 #/A
Real Estate Taxes (From most recent tax bills):
Method & Terms
The Hermes farm has recently been surveyed. Tract 1 will sell on a price per acre basis. Tracts 2 & 3 will be sold for the “lump sum” total dollar amount. The tracts will be sold individually and will NOT be offered in their entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing. Tract 1 closing will be in approx. 30 days, on or before Monday, May 11, 2020. Tract 2 closing will be in approx. 60 days, on or before Tuesday, June 9, 2020. Tract 3 closing will be in approx. 30 days. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2019 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2020, will be paid by the seller. The 2020 real estate taxes & subsequent years will be paid by the buyer on Tract 1. The 2020 real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing on Tracts 2 & 3. Immediate possession for 2020 farming rights will be given upon down payment & proof of insurance. Full possession will be given at the time of closing. The farm sells free & clear for the 2020 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
SOIL MAP • TRACT 1
PHOTOS • TRACTS 1 & 2
SURVEY PLAT • TRACTS 1 & 2
DRAWINGS OF EXTENSIVE TILE INSTALLED • TRACT 1
PHOTOS • TRACT 3
SURVEY PLAT • TRACT 3
Known Locally as the Ed Hermes Home Farm
Nick Hermes – Seller
Auction Manager: Kevin Haas (309) 264-7767
Samuel J. Skorepa
220 N. Main St., Suite 600
Davenport, IA 52801