Friday, October 18, 2019 at 10:00 A.M. (Land to be sold at 12:00 noon)
Sale to be held onsite at the farm located at 2015 235th Ave., West Point, Iowa 52656
Open House: Friday, October 4th from 4:00 – 5:30 P.M.
338 Acres± (subject to survey) 6 Tracts
The Hoenig Farm is located in Sections 19, 20, 29 & 30, West Point Township, Lee County, Iowa. At the south edge of West Point, IA on Co. Rd. X23 (West Point Rd.) go south a ½ mile to Burt Rd. Turn right or west and proceed 2 miles southwest to 225th Ave. Turn right or south and go a ½ mile to Tracts 1-3. To access Tracts 4-6 continue south on Co. Rd. X23 2½ miles to 235th Ave. Turn right or southwest and proceed 1 mile to the tracts. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
Tract 1 • 65 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- FSA information indicates 57.29 acres tillable with the balance in wooded draws and creek bed areas.
- Productive Bertrand, Tuskeego & Nodaway soils
- CSR2 is 74.9
- Access is on the southwest by 225th Ave.
Tract 2 • 30 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- FSA information indicates 14.42 acres tillable. The remainder of this tract includes a wooded draw and several new home building sites.
- Soils include Clinton, Lindley & Nordness
- CSR2 is 35
- Access is on the west by 225th Ave.
Tract 3 • 89 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- FSA information indicates 47.20 acres tillable with the balance in hardwood timber areas in the southwest and center section of the parcel. There are numerous attractive home sites on the parcel, with awesome views.
- Lindley, Weller & Keswick soils
- CSR2 is 40
- Access is on the northwest by 225th Ave.
Tract 4 • 118 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- FSA information indicates 61.81 acres tillable that is currently in hay production and pastureland. The remainder of this parcel includes wooded draws offering appealing hunting/recreational acreage.
- Soils include Clinton, Weller & Lindley
- CSR2 is 33.5
- Access is on the east by 235th Ave.
Tract 5 • 33 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- This tract is improved with a 1½ story country home that includes 3 bedrooms, 1½ baths. Other amenities include a GFA furnace with central air.
- Structures on the property include a 26’ x 30’ 2 car garage, a 36’ x 72’ hay/machinery storage building, a 20’ x 32’ storage building, a hay/livestock barn that includes several areas of concrete and several other usable structures.
- Rathbun Rural Water is located on the property.
- FSA information indicates 16.61 acres tillable that is currently in pasture and hay production with the balance in timber draws.
- Nodaway, Clinton & Lindley-Keswick soils
- Access is on the northeast by 235th Ave.
Tract 6 • 3 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- This small tract offers open pasture that features an attractive home building site in the southern portion surrounded by a wooded timber area.
- Rathbun Rural water is in close proximity to this parcel.
- Access is on the west by 235th Ave.
REAL ESTATE METHOD & TERMS
The Patricia Hoenig Farm will be sold in 6 individual tracts, based on a survey that is currently in progress, with the said surveyed acres being used to constitute the final settlement price. Tracts 1 – 4 will be sold first on a price per acre basis through the marketing method of buyer’s choice whereas the high bidder can take any or all tracts for their high bid. Buyers choice auctioning will continue until all four (4) tracts are sold. Tract 5 will be sold next on a price per acre basis followed by Tract 6, which will be sold for a lump sum total dollar amount. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is not contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Tuesday, November 19, 2019 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession on Tracts 1 – 6 will be given at the time of closing subject to a lease with the tenant. Possession of the home on Tract 5 will be given at the time of closing. Subject to the Iowa Septic System Time of Transfer Law the septic system on Tract 5 is exempt from any testing or upgrades, it will be the buyers responsibility for any future upgrades or testing. Farm sells free & clear for the upcoming 2020 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
PERSONAL PROPERTY LISTING
CAR & PICKUP
’06 Buick La Crosse, 3800 V-6, auto., AC, PW., PL, cloth int., 25,000 one owner miles,VIN 2G4WC582061175779; ’85 Dodge Ram 50 4×4 pickup, non running, VIN JB7FK24E4FP703218
TRACTORS, FARM WAGONS, TORCH SET, ANVIL & TOOLS
’51 Case Vac. narrow front tractor w/ snap coupler, 11.2 x 34” rubber; ’46 Case Vac. narrow front tractor w/ straight drawbar, 12.4 x 28” rubber; Craftsman riding lawn mower w/ 14.5 hp & 42” deck; Metal barge box wagon on John Deere 953 gear; Heider feeder wagon; Wood calf feed bunk; Woven wire; Torch set w/ large tanks; Magnum twin cyl. single stage air compressor; Craftsman 10” radial arm saw; Stihl 026 chainsaw; (2) anvils; Bench grinder; Clarke 14” chop saw; Forks, shovels, spade, post hole auger, jobbers; Fencing tools; Drills; Fishing rods/reels; Circular saw; Socket set; Combination wrenches; Misc. small hand tools
COINS & JEWELRY
1910 $5 Indian head gold piece; 1888 Morgan silver dollar; 1902 Indian head cent; (10) 1970s Eisenhower dollars; Assortment of men’s & women’s gold rings; (2) Black Hills gold necklaces; (2) French cameos; Sterling rings & bracelets; Broaches; Rhinestones; Assortment of costume jewelry; Silver plate pieces
GUNS & INDIAN ARITIFACTS
Remington model 700 ADL .243 bolt action rifle w/ scope SN 6537823; Weatherby Mark XXII .22 cal. semi auto. rifle w/ scope SN T00716; Marlin 39A .22 cal. lever action rifle SN E7355; High Standard LM100 Flite King .22 short semi auto. pistol SN 436356; Assortment of ammo; Black fox fur; (2) badger furs; Approximately 75 Indian artifacts including axe heads, arrow heads, scrapers, etc.; (2) taxidermy whitetail deer mounts; Approximately 10 sets of deer antlers; Large carp mount
ANTIQUES, PRIMITIVES & COLLECTIBLES
Ornate oak curved glass china cabinet; Oak 6 drawer chest of drawers ; Oak 4 drawer gentlemen’s dresser; Lane walnut/cedar hope chest; Walnut plant stand; Dark wood lamp table; Vanity w/ tri-fold mirror; 3 drawer painted dresser; Chrome leg Formica top table w/ 6 yellow matching chairs; Hull’s W8-7” 1/4 vase; Gone With The Wind oil lamp; (4) carnival glass vases; Western wood carvings; Ken Krogmeier wood carvings; Lard press; Iron bean pot; Wash board; Granite canner; 3 gal. stoneware crock; 3 gal. Western stoneware crock; 1 gal. jug; Crockery bowls; Steamer trunk; Pine carpenters box; World globe; Service for 12± Bavaria China w/ extra serving pieces; Service for 12 Noritake China w/ extra pieces; Refrigerator dishes; Jadeite bowl; Doilies; Lace table cloths; Fancywork; Religious figurines; Metal full size bed; Metal plant stand; Comforters; Hand stitched quilt; Canning jars; Lg. assortment of landscape boulders and geodes; Iron implement wheels; Grind stone; Iron implement seat; Double galv. rinse tub; Galv. tub; Galv. buckets; Egg baskets; (2) metal sprinkling cans
APPLIANCES FURNITURE & HOUSEHOLD
Kenmore 30” LP gas stove; Whirlpool washer & electric dryer; Refrigerator/freezer; Kenmore chest type freezer; Microwave; Platform rocker; Sofa; Full size bed; 3 pc. bookshelf unit; Kneehole desk; Hall tree; Pots, pans, cooking utensils; Common everyday dishes; Singer sewing machine in cabinet; 3 metal lawn chairs; Coaster wagon
AUCTIONEERS’ NOTE: Make plans now to attend this upcoming Lee County, Iowa real estate and personal property auction. This farm offers productive tillable farmland, improved pasture, excellent recreational land as well as a country home. Brief sale order: 10:00 a.m. misc. hayrack items, 11:00-11:30 a.m. vehicles & equipment, 12:00 noon real estate followed by any unsold items. Lunch will be available on the grounds. Not responsible for accidents, errors or omissions. Announcements sale day take precedence.
The Patricia Hoenig Estate
Jeffery Helling – Executor
Brian J. Helling
Aspelmeier, Fisch, Power, Engberg & Helling, P.L.C.
321 N 3rd St, Burlington, IA 52601
Phone: (319) 754-6587
For more information:
Steffensmeier Auction Company
Pat Steffensmeier (319) 470-5284
Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC:
Jim Huff 319-931-9292
Jeff Hoyer 319-759-4320