Friday, June 22, 2018
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $285,000.00 LUMP SUM
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $5,500.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $5,000.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 4 – $4,700.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 5 – $7,500.00 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $1,790,523.00
Land Auction at 10:00 A.M. held at the Morning Sun Community Center, 106 N. Main Street, Morning Sun, IA 52640
Personal Property Auction at 1:00 P.M. held at the farm, 4606 146th Ave, Wapello, IA 52653
255.66 Surveyed Acres • 5 Tracts
Open House: Monday, June 11th 4:30 to 6:00 PM
The Rickert Trust Farm is located in Section 9, Wapello South Township and Section 16, Morning Sun Township, Louisa County, IA 3 miles northeast of Morning Sun, IA. At the east edge of Morning Sun, IA take Co. Rd. H22 east a ½ mile to Co. Rd. H16 (M Ave.). Turn left or north on Co. Rd. H16 and proceed 3½ miles to the property. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
Tract 1 – 2 Story Country Home & 9.53 Surveyed Acres
- Physical Address: 4606 146th Ave. Wapello, IA 52653
- The Rickert homestead is improved with a beautiful 2 story home that was built in 1980 that has 2,238 sq. ft. of living space. The main level includes a very nice eat in kitchen, a large master bedroom with an adjoining bath that features a ceramic tiled walk in shower and the laundry area. The upper level offers 2 bedrooms and a full bath. Other amenities of the dwelling comprise of an attached sunroom with a screened in porch and a 2 car garage. The heat for the home is provided by a GFA furnace that has central air.
- FSA information should indicate 3 acres tillable including approximately 1 acre in CRP with a payment of $295.54 per acre expiring 2031.
- This nice acreage includes a 40’ x 60’ machinery storage building that has an unfinished 20’ x 40’ shop area with a concrete floor and a 10,000 bu. grain bin.
- If you looking for a great place to raise a family or wanting the country life, this could be the one for you. This is a must see property!
- Access is on the south via a 40’ ingress/egress easement on 146th Ave.
Tract 2 – 12.51 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 7.46 acres tillable including 3.20 acres is CRP with a payment of $295.54 per acre expiring in 2031.
- CSR2 is 68.8
- Fayette & Shaffton soils
- The balance of this tract features recreational acreage that includes Honey Creek running through it. There are several neat home building sites on this parcel only adding to its attractiveness.
- Access is on the west via a 40’ ingress/egress easement on 146th Ave.
Tract 3 – 14.8 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 6.88 acres tillable including 1.91 acres in CRP with a payment of $295.54 per acre expiring 2031.
- Nodaway & Ackmore soils
- CSR2 is 75.5
- This parcel offers several attractive home building sites and includes timber areas suitable for all outdoor activities. Honey Creek runs along the eastern border and it features hard surface road frontage.
- Access is on the south by Co. Rd. H16 and on the west via a 40’ ingress/egress easement on 146th Ave.
Tract 4 – 99.44 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 71 acres tillable including 10.11 acres in CRP (CP3A Hardwood Tree Planting) with a payment of $234.99 per acre expiring 2025 & .96 acres in CRP with a payment of $253.45 per acre expiring 2024.
- Productive soils include Fayette, Colo, & Ackmore
- CSR2 is 74.6
- The balance of this tract features timber including an over 10 acre area that is in CRP Hardwood Timber Planting. This area not only offers income, the entire hardwood timber on this parcel provide excellent hunting & recreational opportunities.
- Access is on the east by a 40’ ingress/egress easement on 146th Ave.
Tract 5 – 119.38 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 111 acres tillable including approximately 20 acres in CRP with a payment of $295.54 expiring in 2031.
- Productive Nodaway, Colo & Zook soils
- CSR2 is 70.3
- Access is on the south via a 40’ ingress/egress easement on 146th Ave.
METHOD & TERMS
The Rickert Trust Farm will be sold based on a survey that has recently been completed. Tract 1 will be sold first for a “Lump Sum” total dollar amount. Tracts 2 & 3 will be sold next through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” on a price per acre basis whereas the high bidder can take either or both tracts for their high bid. Tracts 4 & 5 will be sold next through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” on a price per acre basis whereas the high bidder can take either or both tracts for their high bid. All 5 tracts will be sold individually and will NOT be combined at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Closing on all tracts is scheduled to be in approximately 45 days, on or before Monday, August 6, 2018. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the sellers. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject to a current 50/50 farm lease for the 2018 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate, however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Auctioneers Note: Mark your calendars now for this outstanding Louisa County, Iowa land and personal property auction. Dale & his wife Esther were know throughout the area and Dale was synonymous with the agricultural community as an educator, USDA county director as well as being on several college & legislative boards. They were very proud of their Honey Creek farm and this is a tremendous opportunity to purchase a piece of land that has been in this family for many, many years. Please note the 2 different locations and starting times. Lunch will be available at the personal property auction. Personnel & equipment will be available sale day to assist in load out. Not responsible for accidents, errors or omissions. Announcements sale day take precedence.
TRACT 1 PHOTOS
TRACT 2 PHOTOS
TRACT 3 PHOTOS
TRACT 4 PHOTOS
TRACT 5 PHOTOS
PERSONAL PROPERTY LISTING
TRACTOR, UTV & TOOLS ETC.
- ’95 JD 6300 2wd tractor, open station, SyncroPlus trans., 2 hyd. outlets, 540 PTO, 18.4 x 30” rear tires, sells complete w/JD 640 loader, 72” bucket, joystick control, tach indicates 2,579 hrs., SN LO6300H145562
- ’10 Kawasaki Mule 4010 “Trans 4 x 4” 4 passenger UTV, power steering, 556 hrs., color red
- Dixon Ultra 61 ZTR lawn mower, 27hp engine, 61” deck & only 18.1 hrs.
- ’79 Honda CX500D motorcycle, refurbished as a “cafe racer”, 25,000 miles, VIN PC014002359
- Woods Cadet 6’ 3pt rotary cutter
- 2-2 door Gladiator metal storage cabinets & base cabinet
- Stihl MS 210C & 021 chainsaws
- Stihl FS 55RC string trimmer
- Stihl MM 55 tiller
- Echo string trimmer
- Dewalt 15 gal. upright air compressor
- Reddy Heater Pro 100 portable heater
- Waterloo top & bottom tool box
- Pro-Tech 10” table saw
- Dura-Craft bench grinder
- Shop Vac & Craftsman shop vacs
- 20 gal ATV sprayer
- Aluminum ATV ramps
- Rubber Maid lawn cart
- Krause Multi-Matic ladder & Keller aluminum ext. ladder
- Quantity of shop tools: wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, floor & handy man jacks, etc.
- Hand & garden tools
- 2-clay bird throwers & 3 free standing steel shooting targets
- 1000 gal. fuel tank w/Fill Rite 110V pump
- 300 gal. fuel tank & stand
ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES
- Peter Wright III anvil
- Oak 3 & 4 drawer dressers w/beveled mirrors & serpentine fronts
- Oak drop front secretary bookcase w/side glass doored book shelves
- Walnut square dinning table
- Oval drop leaf table
- Wicker blanket chest
- Tiffany style Art Deco table lamp
- Copper boiler
- Quantity of smaller stoneware crocks & jugs
- Egg case
- Cast iron 2 horse firemen hitch
- Hibbard Spencer & Bartlett lard press
- Several pieces of pressed glass & other glassware
- Cast iron wood burning stove
- Steel wheel flat top depot wagon
- Open horse drawn sleigh
- Spring board wagon seat
- Wooden wheel buggy
- Single & double trees
- Wooden ladders
MODERN HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
- Maytag 19.7 cu. ft. refrigerator w/bottom freezer & ice maker
- G.E 18 cu. ft. refrigerator
- Maytag “Centennial” washer & electric dryer
- Older Maytag washer & electric dryer
- Sanyo 42” flat screen TV & Sony DVD player
- Small Green Egg outdoor grill
- Oak king size bed w/Serta adjustable mattress
- Oak queen size bed w/wheat style headboard
- Maple double bed w/matching dresser & night stand
- Maple twin bunk beds
- IKEA black 8 drawer dresser, night stands, coffee table etc.
- Wurlitzer Maple spinet piano
- Brown loveseat recliner
- Blue plaid couch & love seat
- Blue striped hid-a-bed
- Oak blanket chest, washstand, sofa table, night stands etc.
- Oak silver & linen cabinet
- Oak computer desk & 2 drawer file
- Regulator wall clock
- Large lighted globe w/wood stand
- Round marble top table w/goddess head designed wrought iron base
- Metal lawn furniture & iron plant stand
- Usual amount of everyday cookware & glassware.
PERSONAL PROPERTY AUCTION