238 ACRES ± (SUBJECT TO SURVEY) • 3 TRACTS
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M.
AUCTION VENUE: VFW Havana Post 6408, 415 W Adams, Havana, IL 62644
Open House: Saturday, October 28, 2017 • 1:00 – 3:00 P.M.
Location and General Information
The farm contains 238 acres± (subject to survey) to be sold in 3 tracts and is located approximately 4 miles south of Havana, IL on Hwy. 78 to Co. Rd. 1200N, then east 1/2 mile. The farm contains 238 acres± (subject to survey) to be sold in 3 tracts and is located approximately 4 miles south of Havana, IL on Hwy. 78 to Co. Rd. 1200N, then east 1/2 mile. Tract 1 contains 214 acres± and is nearly 100% tillable with a center pivot irrigation system, Tract 2 is a country home on 5 acres± in a secluded setting with several outbuildings and Tract 3 contains 18 acres± and is 100% mature timber with hardwood trees, Matanzas Lake access and lies along Hwy. 78. The land is further described as being located in Section 27, T21-22N•R9W, Havana/Bath Township, Mason County, IL.
TRACT 1 – 214 ACRES±
• 213.37 tillable acres (100%) with 142.14 under center pivot irrigation.
• Crop Productivity Index (PI) is 95.3 with soils to include Plainfield sand, Ridgeville sandy loam & Onarga sandy loam.
• Reinke Center Pivot Irrigation.
• Road access 1/2 mile east of Hwy. 78 on CR 1200N which runs along the south side.
• Attention farmers, investors, 1031 investors – be sure to check out this tillable farm with center pivot irrigation!
TRACT 2 – 5 ACRES±
• Improved with an older 11⁄2 story home which features 8 rooms, 3 or 4 bedrooms, modern eat-in kitchen, large living room & utility room, aluminum siding/asphalt shingled roof & natural gas forced air furnace.
• Tract 2 is also improved with several outbuildings including brick summer kitchen, smaller machine sheds, barn, storage shed & detached garage.
• Lovely home setting with mature trees, private location close to Matanzas Lake & road access off of Hwy. 78 via a private drive.
TRACT 3 – 18 ACRES±
• This tract is 100% mature timber with hardwood trees to include oak, walnut, maple & others.
• Tract 3 lays adjacent to and along the east side of Hwy. 78 and also includes an access to Matanzas Lake and the Illinois River.
• Be sure to check out this recreational tract & home building site which offers numerous possibilities.
Method & Terms
All 3 tracts are currently being surveyed. Tracts 1 & 2 will be sold on a price per acre basis based on the surveyed acres. Tract 3 will be sold for a lump sum total dollar amount. The tracts will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations at the conclusion of the auction. Each sale is a final sale. Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing on or before Monday, December 18, 2017. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. Buyer shall receive a credit at closing for the 2017 real estate taxes due and payable in 2018. The buyer will then be responsible to pay the 2017 & all subsequent years real estate taxes. Full possession will be given at the time of closing, subject only to the current tenant for ’17. The farm sells free & clear for the 2018 crop year. All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Additional and more detailed information to follow!
The Vanderveen ECL Farm
Steven B. Morgan
Perbix and Morgan
115 S. Orange Street
Havana, IL 62644