193 ACRES± • SELLING IN 4 TRACTS
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2019 AT 10:00 A.M.
Auction to be held at the St. Patrick’s Melrose Social Hall, 200 Trinity Avenue, Melrose, Iowa 52569
LOCATION & GENERAL INFORMATION
Land is located in Sections 15 & 21, T72N•R19W, Wayne Township, Monroe County, Iowa. Land is generally located approximately 3 1/2 miles north of Melrose, Iowa.
- TILLABLE FARMLAND
- IMPROVED PASTURELAND
- TREMENDOUS WHITETAIL DEER & WILD TURKEY HABITAT
- OLDER COUNTRY HOME AND FARM OUTBUILDINGS
TRACT 1 – 39 ACRES ± (SUBJECT TO SURVEY)
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 34.54 acres of cropland
- The balance is in waterways and wooded draw
- Predominant soil types: Grundy, Clarinda, Arispe, Olmitz-Colo-Vesser, Gara, Shelby & a few other smaller soil complexes
- CSR2: 47.8
- Access is along the entire west side
TRACT 2 – 34 ACRES ± (SUBJECT TO SURVEY)
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 30 acres of cropland (currently in pasture & hay)
- Improvements include an older farmhouse, barns and outbuilding, which add very little, if any, value to this tract
- The balance of the farmland consists of waterways and a pond located near the north end
- Predominant soil types: Arispe, Clarinda, Haig, Grundy, Pershing and a few other smaller soil complexes
- CSR2: 49.2
- Access is along the entire east & south sides
TRACT 3 – 40 ACRES ± (SUBJECT TO SURVEY)
- This rolling tract consists of permanent pasture and steep wooded draws
- This farm offers excellent whitetail deer and wild turkey habitat with ponds and small areas which would be ideal for food plots
- Access is along the entire east side
TRACT 4 – 80 ACRES ± (SUBJECT TO SURVEY)
- Awesome recreational/hunting tract with breathtaking views!
- The majority of this tract is in permanent pasture with areas of wooded draws and fingers extending throughout the farm. This tract is adjoined by large massive hardwoods, making this one of the most desirable whitetail deer and wild turkey hunting farms in southern Iowa!
- There is also a pond, which is located towards the southwest portion of this tract
- Access is at the extreme southeast corner
METHOD & TERMS
The Scieszinski Farm will be sold in 4 tracts on price per acre basis. The acres in this advertisement are estimated. A survey is in progress and the surveyed acres will be used to constitute the final settlement price. Tracts 1 – 4 will be sold through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice”, whereas the high bidder can take any or all tracts (in any order) for their high bid. Buyer’s Choice will continue until all four tracts have been sold. Tracts will NOT be combined at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before March 8, 2019 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Full possession will be given at the time of closing. All tracts sell with full possession for ’19. Please note, this is a court ordered sale and sells subject to court approval.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
W.S. Scieszinski Farm
Pabst Law Firm
John A. Pabst
212 Benton Avenue West • PO Box 362
Albia, Iowa 52531-0362
Phone (641) 932-5155
Auction Managers: John Probasco (641) 856-7355 & Dan Sullivan (319) 795-1833