262.28 SURVEYED ACRES • 4 TRACTS
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2015 AT 5:00 P.M.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $7,300.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $5,475.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $215,000.00 LUMP SUM
SOLD! TRACT 4 – $60,000.00 LUMP SUM
TOTAL – $1,850,212.25
Auction to be held at the Rendezvous Banquet Facility, 3127 Lucas Street, Muscatine, IA
OPEN HOUSE: NOVEMBER 12TH FROM 4:00 – 5:00 PM
253 Acres± (subject to survey) to be sold in 4 tracts of Muscatine County, IA farmland located in Sections 1 & 36 of Sweetland Township, Muscatine County, IA (6 miles NE of Muscatine, IA).
• PRODUCTIVE TILLABLE FARMLAND!
• FARM SELLS FREE AND CLEAR FOR THE 2016 CROP YEAR!
• 2 COUNTRY ACREAGES!
SOIL MAP – TRACT 1
PHOTOS – TRACT 1
SOIL MAP – TRACT 2
PHOTOS – TRACT 2
PHOTOS – TRACT 3
PHOTOS – TRACT 4
The Cole Farm is located in Sections 1 & 36 of Sweetland East Township, Muscatine County, IA (6 miles NE of Muscatine, IA). At the north edge of Muscatine, IA, on US Hwy. 61, go northeast 6 miles to Vail Ave., turn right or south on Vail Ave. and proceed a ½ mile to the farm. (Watch for pre-sale directional signs)
TRACT 1 – 96.27 SURVEYED ACRES
- FSA information should indicate 77.02 acres of cropland with the balance in waterways.
- Productive soils: Downs, Atterberry & Radford.
- CSR2: 78.4!
- Access is on the east by Vail Ave. & on the south by 160th St.
TRACT 2 – 159.35 SURVEYED ACRES
- FSA information should indicate 105.26 acres of cropland with the balance in waterways and wooded draws, which offer areas of outstanding hunting.
- Productive soils: Downs, Fayette & Rozetta.
- CSR2: 71.5 on the tillable portion.
- Access is on the east by Vail Ave. & on the north by 160th St.
TRACT 3 – COUNTRY HOME AND 4.63 SURVEYED ACRES
- Address: 3383 160th St. • Muscatine, Iowa
- This tract is improved with a 1½ story home that offers 3 bedrooms, 1 bath & hot water heat.
- Other improvements include several usable farm structures including a 42’x70’ steel machinery building, a 30’x90’ open front cattle shed with some concrete & a 52’x52′ cattle shed with a lean-to storage & some concrete.
- Another added bonus to this tract is (2) 15,000 bu. grain bins with dryers and other useable bins making the total grain storage approximately 40,000 bu.
- Access is on the south by 160th St.
TRACT 4 – COUNTRY HOME AND 2.03 SURVEYED ACRES
- Address: 1624 Vail Ave. • Muscatine, Iowa
- This parcel offers an older 2 story home that includes 5 bedrooms, 1 bath & a GFA furnace.
- This property also includes an old unique bank style livestock barn that is in need of repair.
- We urge you to check out this well located acreage with hard surface road frontage that offers a potential new home building site.
- Access is on the east by Vail Ave.
METHOD & TERMS
The Cole Farm will be sold in four tracts, based on a survey that is currently being conducted. Said survey will be used to constitute the final settlement price.
Tracts 1 & 2 will be sold on a price per acre basis and will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” whereas the high bidder can take, in any order, either or both tracts. Tracts 3 & 4 (the homes) will be sold next for a LUMP SUM total dollar amount. Tracts will not be offered in their entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten percent (10%) of the bid price will be due on the day of the sale with the balance due at the time of closing and upon delivery of merchantable deed and abstract. Closing on Tracts 1 – 3 is scheduled to be on or before January 5, 2016. Closing on Tract 4 is scheduled to be on or before January 15, 2016. Real estate taxes will be prorated to date of possession, based upon the last available tax statement. Full possession will be given at the time of closing.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Richard “Bob” Cole Jr. Estate
Cindy Henning – Administrator
Representing & Closing Attorney:
Eichelberger Law Office PC
2206 Lucas Street, PO Box 1186
Muscatine, IA 52761