Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 10:00 A.M.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $140,000.00 LUMP SUM
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $6,800.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $5,000.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 4 – $5,650.00 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $768,410.50
OPEN HOUSE: Saturday, September 10, 2016 from 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 Noon
Sale to be held at the American legion Hall, 1302 W. Washington Street, Pittsfield, IL 62363
Land is ideally located at the east edge of Pittsfield, Illinois. The farm is just southwest of the Pittsfield Lake and just off the east end of the Pittsfield Municipal Airport Runway. From Hwy 54 at the former JDL facility (The Crossing Church) go east approximately 1 mile on Cty Rd 260th Ave to the farm. The farm is further described as being located in the Northeast Quarter of Section 17 of Newburg Township, Pike County, Illinois.
Selling 110.56 surveyed acres of Pike County, Illinois farmland belonging to the Donald Lee Smith family. The farm will be sold in 4 individual tracts, all of which have recently been surveyed. The individual tracts will include Tract 1 – Country home with acreage. Tract 2, 3 & 4 will all include tillable land, hardwood timber, wildlife habitat and several prime building sites. Tracts 2, 3 & 4 will also each have a pond. These small and very desirable tracts of land do not come up for public auction everyday. Make plans to check out this property that has been in the Smith family for generations.
Tract 1 – 3.20 Surveyed Acres
- Improved with a very attractive all brick single story ranch style home. Hard to find property in close proximity to town, with acreage, large shade trees and a beautiful setting! The home has 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, large open floor plan, remodeled kitchen and a partially finished full basement. The home has public water, forced air electric heat and Central Air Conditioning. Make plans to check it out!
Tract 2 – 35.97 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate approximately 25 acres currently in row crop production.
- Productive soils include Winfield, Caseyville & Menfro.
- The balance acres represent wildlife habitat with wooded areas and a pond.
- Access along the west by 405th Ave north of the home and south of the home tract.
Tract 3 – 30.06 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate approximately 15 acres currently in row crop production.
- Productive soils include Winfield & Menfro.
- The balance acres represent wildlife habitat with wooded areas and a nice size pond.
- Access along the west by 405th Ave and along the north side by 260th Ave.
Tract 4 – 41.33 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate approximately 20 acres currently in row crop production.
- Productive soils include Winfield & Menfro.
- The balance acres represent wildlife habitat with wooded areas and a large pond/lake.
- Access at the west side by way of a deeded strip of land which extends west along the south side of Tract 2 to access 405th Ave.
Method & Terms
This Smith Farm will be sold in four individual tracts. All tracts have recently been surveyed. Tract 1, which includes the home, will sell first, and for a LUMP SUM or total dollar amount. After Tract 1 has been sold, we will offer Tracts 2, 3 & 4 through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” whereas the high bidder can elect (in any order) any or all tracts for their high bid. Buyer’s Choice auctioning will continue until all three tracts have been sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten percent (10%) of the bid price will be due on the day of the auction, with the balance due at the time of closing, on or before Tuesday, November 8, 2016. Title insurance will be issued in the full amount of the purchase price. The 2016 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2017, will be paid by the seller, with the buyer responsible for all future real estate taxes. Possession will be given at the time of closing, subject only to the remainder of the 2016 crop year. The property sells free and clear for the 2017 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
The Donald Lee Smith Farm
Sara Kallal – P.O.A.
Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC Representative:
John Borrowman (217) 430-0645
Lowry & Hoskin LLP
130 S. Madison St.,
Pittsfield, IL 62363
PITTSFIELD, ILLINOIS AERIAL
AERIAL WITH TRACT DIVISIONS