Sold! Tract 1 – $13,100 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 2 – $8,100 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 3 – $9,900 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 4 – $4,300 Per Acre
Sold! Tract 5 – $4,800 Per Acre
Friday, January 19, 2018 at 10:00 A.M.
Sale to be held at the American Legion, Pittsfield, IL
361.98 SURVEYED ACRES • 5 TRACTS
HOOVER FAMILY FARMS
The Hoover land contains a total of 361.98 Surveyed Acres and will be sold in 5 tracts. All 5 tracts are located in close proximity to Milton, IL. Milton is located approximately 12 miles east of Pittsfield, IL or 35 miles west of Jacksonville, IL. The tracts represent outstanding, nearly all tillable Class A land as well as premier Pike County, Illinois hunting, which offers outstanding whitetail deer, wild turkey and outdoor recreational opportunities.
Sullivan Auctioneers LLC is pleased to once again be working for the Hoover family heirs. In the fall of 2015 we had a record setting Pike County, IL land auction for this family. We will now be selling 361.98 Surveyed Acres. The farms are generally located in close proximity to Milton, IL. The farms are further described as being located in Sections 3, 5, 16, 21 & 28 of Montezuma Township and in Section 34 of Detroit Township, Pike County, IL. Milton, IL is located approximately 12 miles east of Pittsfield, IL, 35 miles west of Jacksonville, IL, or 80 miles north of St. Louis, MO.
The Hoover Family Farms will be sold in 5 individual tracts, all of which have recently been surveyed. Tracts 1, 2, 3 & 4 are located in Montezuma Township with Tract 5 being located in Detroit Township. The individual tracts will include nearly 100% tillable tracts along with premier Pike County, IL hunting parcels. These farms have been in the Hoover family for generations. All tracts sell free & clear of any farm tenancy for the upcoming 2018 crop year. There are no hunting leases associated with any of the tracts.
TRACT 1 • 43.67 SURVEYED ACRES
- Tract 1 is located approximately 11⁄2 miles east of Milton, IL and is further described as being located in the SE Quarter of the SW Quarter of Section 3, Pike County, IL, T6S•R2W.
- FSA figures should indicate this tract as nearly 100% tillable.
- Impressive Crop Productivity Index (PI) of 142 – 100% Ipava soil!
- Outstanding, investment quality farm!
- Road access by 462nd St. along the west side and 212th Ave. along the south side.
TRACT 2 • 12.84 SURVEYED ACRES
- Tract 2 is located at the West Edge of Milton, IL and is further described as being located in the SE Quarter of the SW Quarter of Section 5, Pike County, IL, T6S•R2W.
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 12 acres tillable.
- Soils include Winfield, Downsouth & Keomah.
- PI Rating on the tillable acres is 125.3.
- Attractive, small tillable parcel ideally located.
- Road access by Cty. Hwy. 8 (Pittsfield St.) along the north side.
TRACT 3 • 27.47 SURVEYED ACRES
- Tract 3 is located approximately 1 miles south of Milton, IL and is further descried as being located in the NW Quarter of the NW Quarter of Section 16, Pike County, IL, T6S•R2W.
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 24 acres tillable.
- Soils include Winfield, Downsouth & Ipava.
- PI Rating on the tillable acres is 121.1.
- Another nice small productive tillable tract.
- Road access by 185th Ave. along the north and Rt. 100 along the west.
TRACT 4 • 190.95 SURVEYED ACRES
- Tract 4 is located approximately 2 1⁄2 miles south of Milton, IL and is further described as being located in the SE Quarter of the NW Quarter and the east half of the SW Quarter of Section 21, and the north half of the NE Quarter of Section 28, Pike County, IL, T6S•R2W.
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 55 acres tillable.
- Tremendous Pike County, Illinois hunting parcel with outstanding whitetail deer and wild turkey habitat!
- Soils include Menfro & Winfield.
- PI Rating on the tillable acres is 102.8
- Road access by 185th Ave. along the north side.
TRACT 5 • 87.06 SURVEYED ACRES
- Tract 5 is located approximately 3 miles northeast of Milton, IL and is further described as being located in the SE Quarter of the NE Quarter and the NE Quarter of the SE Quarter, all in Section 34, Pike County, IL, T5S•R2W.
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 50 acres tillable.
- Soils include Winfield, Menfro & Caseyville.
- PI Rating on the tillable acres is 117.1
- Wildlife habitat and income producing tillable acres – The best of both worlds!
- Road access by 489th St. along a portion of the east and 222nd Ave. along a portion of the south.
METHOD & TERMS
The Hoover farms will be sold in 5 individual tracts, all of which have recently been surveyed. All 5 tracts will sell on a price per acre basis, based on the results of the survey. Tracts 1-4 are located in Montezuma Township and will be sold first, as follows: Tracts 1, 2 & 3 will be offered first through the marketing method of “Buyers Choice,” whereas the high bidder can elect, in any order, any or all 3 tracts for their high bid. “Buyers Choice” auctioning will continue until Tracts 1, 2 & 3 have been sold. After Tracts 1-3 have been sold, we will then sell Tract 4 individually, by itself. We will then sell Tract 5 individually, by itself. At no time will any of the tracts be offered together or in any type of combination.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing which will be in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, February 19, 2018. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2017 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2018, will be paid by the seller. The 2018 real estate taxes & subsequent years will be paid by the buyers. All tracts sell free & clear for the 2018 farming & hunting season.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Farms known locally as the Hoover Family Farms
Mary Ann Kerley, Phylis Roate, Liz Graybiel, Pat Ashmore & Christopher “Kip” Ashmore • Sellers
Representing & Closing Attorney:
Jacob W. Scholz
Scholz and Scholz LLP
518 Vermont Street,
Quincy, IL 62301
Phone: (217) 222-4800
Auction Manager: John Borrowman (217) 430-0645