Friday, December 1, 2017 at 11:00 A.M.
Sale to be held at the VFW, 123 W. Monroe, Memphis, MO
Location & General Information
Tract 1 is located approximately 4 miles NW of Memphis, MO in Section 20, T66N•R12W, Scotland County, MO. From Memphis, MO take US Hwy. 136 west 5.5 miles to Hwy. B, then north approximately 6 miles to Hwy. CC, then east (short distance) to County Road 915, then south 1 1/4 mile to farm.
Tract 2 is located approximately 8 miles NE of Memphis, MO in Section 16, T66N•R10W, Scotland County, MO. From the east edge of Memphis, MO take US Hwy. 136 east approximately 7 miles to Hwy. H, then north approximately 5 1/4 miles to County Road 708, then east 1/4 mile to farm.
Tract 3 is located approximately 10 miles SW of Kahoka, MO in Section 2, T63N•R8W, Clark County, MO. From Kahoka, MO take Hwy. 81 south approximately 5 miles to Hwy. D, then west approximately 2.7 miles to Hwy. M, then south approximately 4 1/4 miles to farm.
Land represents exceptional hardwood timber, 3 acre+ lake and offers premier whitetail deer & wild turkey hunting acreage.
Forestry managed timber harvest contracts are in place on the Scotland County tracts of which buyers will receive a percentage of the gross sales contract.
Tract 1 • 40 Acres±
• “Exceptional” hunting/recreational tract that includes a beautiful 3+ acre stocked lake. Farm is under a strict Forestry Management Timber Harvest contract administered by Forester Jeff Brown. Buyer will receive $37,295.00 in advance of cutting trees. Trees to be harvested are marked with blue paint. Logging to be completed on or before August 23, 2018.
• Access from the northeast by County Road 915.
Tract 2 • 60 Acres±
• “Prime” whitetail deer & wild turkey hunting acreage just a short distance off of blacktop road. Farm is under a strict Forestry Management Timber Harvest contract administered by Forester Jeff Brown. Buyer will receive $15,795.00 in advance of cutting trees. Trees to be harvested are marked with blue paint. Logging to be completed on or before August 23, 2018.
• Access from the southwest by “old” County Road 708 extending west to Hwy. H.
Tract 3 • 80 Acres±
• “Outstanding” whitetail deer & wild turkey hunting tract with highway frontage.
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 18.1 acres of tillable cropland with the balance in excellent hardwood timber.
• Rural water & electric available.
• Access from the west by Hwy. M.
Forester Jeff Brown will be in attendance sale day to fully explain and answer any questions regarding the current timber harvest contracts on Tracts 1 & 2.
Jeff’s contact information:
2162 North County Road 800
Nauvoo, IL 62354
Ph: 217-242-6471 • Email: email@example.com
Method and Terms
Tracts 1-3 will be sold individually on a price per acre basis based on deeded legal description.
The farm will not be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing.
At the auction immediately following the bidding, the winning bidder(s) will be required to sign a real estate sales contract and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment, payable to Mark Twain Title Co., which shall hold the money in escrow until closing.
The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing which will take place at Mark Twain Title Co. on or before January 10, 2017.
Possession will be given at time of closing. Tracts 1 & 2 sell subject to a Forestry Managed Timber Harvest contract administered by Forester Jeff Brown.
The 2017 real estate taxes will be paid by the seller. The 2018 real estate taxes and subsequent years will be the responsibility of the buyer(s). Title Insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided.
All announcements made sale day take precedence over prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by seller or Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold “AS IS”.
James A. Rapp
Schmiedeskamp, Robertson, Neu & Mitchell LLP
525 Jersey Street
Quincy, IL 62301
Title Work By:
Mark Twain Title Co.
123 S. Main St.
Palmyra, MO 63461
PLAT MAP – SCOTLAND COUNTY, MO (40 ACRES±)
AERIAL MAP – SCOTLAND COUNTY, MO (40 ACRES±)
PLAT MAP – SCOTLAND COUNTY, MO (60 ACRES±)
AERIAL MAP – SCOTLAND COUNTY, MO (60 ACRES±)
PLAT MAP – CLARK COUNTY, MO (80 ACRES±)
AERIAL MAP – CLARK COUNTY, MO (80 ACRES±)