Monday, March 19, 2018 at 3:00 P.M.
Sale to be held at the American Legion, 320 N Main St, Milton, IA 52570
98 Acres± (subject to survey) • 2 Tracts
OPEN HOUSE: Saturday, March 10th from 12:00 Noon – 1:00 P.M.
REAL ESTATE LOCATION
The Lewis Farm is located in Section 33, Chequest Township, Van Buren County, IA., 3 miles north of Milton, IA. at the intersection of Co. Rd. V56 & Co. Rd. J40.
Physical address: 12063 Rte. J40, Milton, IA (Be watching for presale directional signs).
TRACT 1 – 63 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- This attractive country acreage is improved with a 1½ story multi room home that includes a newer addition and features many possibilities. There is also a large unfinished addition to this home that offers several options for bedrooms or a family/entrainment area. This home is heated with a GFA furnace & is also setup for an outdoor wood furnace.
- The property also includes several nice storage buildings including a 40’ x 63’ steel utility building w/partial concrete, a 36’ x 40’ steel utility building that features a concrete floor & is fully insulated, as well as a 24’ x 36’ detached garage.
- FSA information should indicate 17.92 acres tillable with the balance being in hardwood timber areas that show high signs of wildlife activity and offers a very nice stocked pond.
- Soils include Rathbun & Appanoose with a CSR2 of 42 on the tillable acres.
- There is Rathbun Rural Water on this property as well as hard surface road frontage.
- Access is on the south by Co. Rd. J40.
Tract 2 – 35 Acres± (Subject to Survey)
- This parcel is nearly 100% wooded and offers several opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast and features ample cover for all types of wildlife including whitetail deer & wild turkey.
- The tract also includes 2 open meadow areas in the southern portion that offers several options for a new home or cabin building site.
- Rathbun Rural water is available for this parcel.
- Access is on the south by Co. Rd. J40.
METHOD & TERMS
The Lewis Farm will be sold in 2 individual tracts on a price per acre basis, based on a survey that is currently in progress. Said surveyed acres will be used to constitute the final settlement price. Tract 1 will be sold first, followed by Tract 2. Tracts will be sold individually and will NOT be combined at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approx. 45 days on or before Friday, May 4, 2018 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed.
Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder shall enter into a written agreement with the sellers. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Full possession will be given at the time of closing. According to the Iowa Septic System “Time of Transfer” Law, the sellers will have the septic system inspected prior to the auction.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Mark your calendars now for this large upcoming Van Buren County, Iowa real estate and personal property auction. The Lewis’ have purchased a home in Southern Missouri and therefore will be relocating to that area. Please note the two dates and two locations, as we will sell the Van Buren County, Iowa real estate at the American Legion in Milton, Iowa on Monday, March 19th at 3:00 p.m. Day 2 will be Tuesday, March 20th at 9:00 a.m. and will be a large country auction to be held at the farm. This will be a multi-ring auction so come prepared with an extra bidder. Auction personal and loaders will be available sale day only, please bring your trailers.
Lunch available. Not responsible for accidents, errors or omissions. Announcements sale day take precedence.
Ronald & Kayla Lewis – Sellers
Lynch Law Office
207 S Washington St,
Bloomfield, IA 52537
For additional information, contact Sullivan Auctioneers’ representatives: Jim Huff (319) 931-9292 or Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320