Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 5:00 P.M.
Sale to be held at the Douds Community Center, 14159 Hwy. 98, Douds, Iowa 52551
78.73 Taxable Acres± • 1 Tract
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $2,750.00 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $216,507.50
The Fordyce Farm is located in Section 14, Chequest Township, Van Buren, County, IA. At the south edge of Douds, IA go south on Co. Rd. V64 to 185th Rd. Turn left or east on 185th Rd. and proceed a short distance to access the property.
(Be watching for presale directional signs)
- This attractive Van Buren County, IA tract offers open meadows with the FSA information indicating 21.38 acres tillable that are currently in hay production, but can be utilized as improved pastureland that features excellent exterior fences.
- The balance of this tract offers hardwood timber draws which gives excellent cover for all species of wildlife including whitetail deer and wild turkey.
- If you are a cattleman or an outdoorsman we urge you to take a look at this Southeast Iowa farm as pictures do not do it justice. It would be a great addition to any ones pasture plan or for the avid hunter and there are several attractive home building sites. Rathbun Rural Water is already installed on the property.
- Access is on the north by 185th Rd.
- Estimated real estate taxes: $631.00
METHOD & TERMS
The Fordyce Cattle Property will be sold on a price per acre basis, based on the advertised acres found in this brochure.
Fifteen (15%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Closing is scheduled to be in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, November 12, 2018. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Immediate possession will be given upon a proof of liability insurance for hunting or late grazing purposes. Full possession will be given at the time of closing. There are no hunting leases associated with this property.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate, however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Fordyce Cattle LLC
David & Amy Fordyce – Owners
Dougherty Law Firm
801 North Ave.,
Norwalk, IA 50211
Phone: (515) 981-5401
For additional information contact auction managers: Jim Huff (319) 931-9292 or Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320