THURSDAY, JANUARY 7, 2016 AT 6:00 P.M.
Sale to be held at the American Legion, 520 E. Maple Street, Shelbina, MO
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $3,975.00
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $2,500.00
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $1,550.00
SOLD! TRACT 4 – $3,925.00
SOLD! TRACT 5 – $1,975.00
SOLD! TRACT 6 – $2,425.00
SOLD! TRACT 7 – $3,600.00
SOLD! TRACT 8 – $4,900.00
SOLD! TRACT 9 – $1,675.00
SOLD! TRACT 10 – $1,700.00
TOTAL – $3,038,355.00
LOCATION: Selling approximately 1,012.4 surveyed acres of Shelby County, Missouri farmland located in Sections 3, 4, 9, 10, 15 & 16, T58N•R11W, Black Creek Township. Land is generally located approximately 2 1/2 miles north of Shelbyville, MO on Hwy. 15 to Route P, then left or west 4 miles to end of blacktop route and then watch for pre-sale directional signs directing you to each tract. Also watch for signs west of Shelbyville, off Blacktop Route K.
TRACT 1 – SOIL MAP
TRACT 2 – SOIL MAP
TRACT 3 – SOIL MAP
TRACT 4 – SOIL MAP
TRACT 5 – SOIL MAP
TRACT 6 – SOIL MAP
TRACT 7 – SOIL MAP
TRACT 8 – SOIL MAP
TRACT 9 – SOIL MAP
TRACT 10 – SOIL MAP
TRACT 1 – 171.9 SURVEYED ACRES
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 100 acres of open cropland.
• Productive soils (on the tillable acres): Putnam (44%); Mexico (18%); Gorin & Lindley (14% ea.); and a few other smaller soil complexes.
• Balance of this tract consists of hardwoods (near the northeast portion) and a pond, making for outstanding whitetail deer and wild turkey hunting!
• Access is by way of a deeded 30′ strip of land off County Road 226 in a northerly direction along the west side of Tract 4.
TRACT 2 – 131.8 SURVEYED ACRES
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 106.33 acres of open cropland (cropland & hay ground).
• Productive soils (on the tillable acres): Mexico (33.6%); Keswick (17.7%); Putnam (13.6%); Lindley (12.5%); Leonard (12.1%); and a few other smaller soil complexes.
• Balance of this tract consists of timber around the outskirts, wooded draws and pond.
• Access is by way of a deeded 30′ strip of land off the southeast corner of this tract extending to County Road 229.
TRACT 3 – 96.7 SURVEYED ACRES
• The majority of this tract consists of open rolling pastureland with the balance in sparse timber patches. FSA figures should indicate approximately 63 acres of open pasture land.
• Along with an ideal cattle farm, this tract also offers tremendous whitetail deer and wild turkey hunting.
• Access is at the extreme southern portion off County Road 229.
TRACT 4 – 160 SURVEYED ACRES
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 139.13 acres of open cropland.
• Productive soils (on the tillable acres): Putnam (62.26%); Mexico (39.7%); Leonard (13.2%); and Armstrong (4.5%).
• Balance of this tract consists of waterways and a metal sided barn and a few older outbuildings.
• Access is along the west and south by County Road 226 and along the east by County Road 229.
TRACT 5 – 74.1 SURVEYED ACRES
• The majority of this tract consists of open rolling pastureland with the balance in sparse timber patches and pond. FSA figures should indicate approximately 55 acres of open pasture land.
• Improvements include older barn, several older buildings, Harvestore and open machine shed.
• This tract is very similar to Tract 3 and could be purchased together through the “Buyer’s Choice” method of auctioning.
• Access is along the southwest portion off County Road 229.
TRACT 6 – 59.3 SURVEYED ACRES
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 48 acres of open cropland (cropland & hay ground).
• Productive soils (on the tillable acres): Armstrong (57%); Mexico (30.4%); and Putnam (12.2%).
• Balance of this tract consists of sparse timber and rolling pasture.
• Improvements include a very nice Quonset type shed; older machine sheds, 4,000 bu., 7,000 bu. & 9,000 bu. grain bins (7,000 bu. grain bin includes a stirator) and a Harvestore.
• Access is along the entire west and south sides by all weather county roads. There is also access by way of a recorded easement through the driveway of the house which is located near the southeast portion of this tract.
TRACT 7 – 81.2 SURVEYED ACRES
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 62 acres of open cropland (cropland & hay ground).
• Productive soils (on the tillable acres): Mexico (46.8%); Putnam (36%); and Keswick (15.1%).
• Balance consists of timber and a pond. • Access is along the north and east sides by an all weather County Road 226.
• Take a look at this very nice tract which offers it all!
TRACT 8 – 82.4 SURVEYED ACRES
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 75.27 acres of open cropland.
• Productive soils (on the tillable acres): Putnam (58%); and Mexico (42%).
• Access is along the entire north by County Road 226 and the entire east by County Road 227.
• Excellent opportunity to purchase one of the most productive 80 acre tracts of land in Shelby County, MO!
TRACT 9 – 82.5 SURVEYED ACRES
• This tract consists of approximately 50% improved pastureland and 50% mature timber…this secluded tract offers some of the best hunting/recreational land in northern Missouri! There is also a pond on this farm. FSA figures should indicate approximately 40.47 acres currently in improved pasture.
• Access is by way of a recorded easement extending south off of County Road 226 which enters the property at the northeast corner.
TRACT 10 – 72.5 SURVEYED ACRES
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 50.39 acres of open cropland (cropland & hay ground).
• Productive soils (on the tillable acres): Leonard (51.8%); Keswick (24.4%); Piopolis (9.3%); and Moniteau (8%).
• Balance is in timber and draws.
• Access is by way of a recorded easement extending west off Co. Rd. 227 which enters the middle of the property from the east.
• Please note: There is a 10 acre wooded tract of land which is “notched” out of this tract along the west side, which can be purchased from the existing land owner for the same price per acre of what Tract 10 achieves.
METHOD AND TERMS
The acres in this brochure are estimated. All 10 tracts are currently being surveyed, with final surveyed acres being used to calculate the settlement price for each tract. All 10 tracts will be sold on a price per acre basis and offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” whereas the high bidder can purchase, in any order, any or all 10 tracts for their high bid. “Buyer’s Choice” bidding will continue until all 10 tracts have been purchased. The farm will not be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction. Bidding is not contingent upon financing. At the auction, immediately following the bidding, the winning bidder(s) will be required to sign a real estate sales contract prepared by Attorney Michael J. O’Loughlin and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment, payable to Black Creek Abstract & Title, LLC, which shall hold the funds in escrow until the closing. The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing which will take place within approximately 30 days of the sale date, on or before February 8, 2016. Full possession will be given at the time of closing. Farm sells free and clear for ’16. The 2015 real estate taxes will be paid by the sellers. The 2016 real estate taxes & subsequent years will be the responsibility of the new buyer(s). Title Insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided. All announcements made sale day take precedence over prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by seller or Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold “AS IS”.
AUCTIONEERS’ NOTE: Farmers, ranchers and land investors…Make plans now to take part in this major land and equipment “auction event”! This farm has been in the von Thun family for many years and rarely does this amount of acres and caliber of land come up for auction. An unprecedented opportunity to purchase up to nearly 1,000 acres of contiguous farmland at “absolute” No Reserve auction. Please note: The land auction will be held on Thurs. Eve., Jan. 7th at 6:00 P.M. in Shelbina, MO and the machinery will sell the next morning, Fri., Jan. 8th at 9:30 A.M., at the farm on Tract 4. Feel free to view the land at your leisure by either driving over it (if conditions are fit), by ATV or walking. Complimentary refreshments will be available at the land auction and lunch will be served at the machinery auction. Major pcs. of equipment will be offered online through Proxibid. Loader tractor and auction personnel will be available at the equipment auction to assist in loading out. For equipment info: Roger (660) 651-6362 or Barry (573) 719-4937 or Auction Manager Luke Sullivan (309) 371-5214 For land info.: Bill Fretwell (660) 341-7735
The von Thun Family • Owners
Barry, Steve & Roger von Thun
and the children of the late Terry von Thun to include:
Travis, Troy & Timothy von Thun and Tammy Carrow
Michael J. O’Loughlin
O’Loughlin Law Firm, LLC
1710 Gratz-Brown • Suite B
Ph: (660) 263-2600
Office toll free (844) 847-2161 or Bill Fretwell (660) 341-7735