SOLD! TRACT 1 – $4,200.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $6,700.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $4,650.00 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $745,134.00
Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 9:00 A.M.
Sale to be held at the farm which is located at 1390 North 1750th Ave., Fowler, Illinois
Mark your calendar and make plans to attend this interesting estate auction being held for the children of the late Charles E. Rose, Fowler, Illinois. The auction includes 3 Adams County, Illinois farms, collector vehicles and related items, tractors, tools & more. The auction will be held on the farm, 1390 North 1750th Ave., Fowler, Illinois (old highway 24 between Fowler and Paloma). Fowler is located approximately 8 miles northeast of Quincy, Illinois.
Sale order: 9 a.m. tools & misc. hayrack items, 10 a.m. antique cars, tractors, enclosed car trailer and other significant items, 12 noon real estate, followed by any remaining items.
Lunch available on the grounds. We will possibly run a second auction ring throughout part of the day so come prepared with an extra bidder. Bring your trailers as Sullivan Auctioneers will assist with loadout on sale day.
Tract 1 – 80 Acres±
- Located approximately 3 miles southeast of Loraine, IL. From Loraine, IL take Hwy. 61 east 2 miles to road 1650E, then south 2 miles to road 2400N, then east 1 mile. The property is further described as being located in the W 1/2 of the SE 1/4 of Section 35, Keene Township, Adams County, IL. (18 miles NE of Quincy, IL)
- FSA figures indicate 47.88 acres tillable.
- The balance of the acres is woods, which offers excellent hunting & outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Building improvements include an older all steel machine shed, 2 grain bins & a barn.
- Soil PI Rating: 109.2 on tillable acres (Soil map available online)
- Soil types include Rozetta, Clarksdale & Hickory.
- Public road access along the south by Cty. Rd. 2400N & on the west by Cty. Rd. 1750E.
Tract 2 – 34 Acres±
- Located approximately 1 mile southeast of Camp Point, IL. From Camp Point, IL take Hwy 24 east 1/2 mile to road 2400E, then south 1/2 mile. The property is further described as being located in the NE 1/4 of Section 35, Camp Point Township, Adams County, IL. (23 miles E of Quincy, IL)
- This tract is currently in open, improved pasture and is improved with a large, older barn.
- Soil PI Rating: 109.4 on tillable acres (Soil map available online)
- Soil types include Emery, Clarksdale & Winfield.
- Public road access on the east side by Cty. Rd. 2400E.
Tract 3 – 44 Acres±
- Located approximately 1 mile northeast of Fowler, IL. From Fowler, IL take road E1343 Lane (old highway 24) north & east 1 mile. The property is further described as being in the E 1/2 of the SE 1/4 of Section 6, Gilmer Township, Adams County, IL. (8 miles NE of Quincy, IL).
- FSA figures indicate 39.4 acres tillable.
- Soil PI Rating: 94.4 on tillable acres (Soil map available online)
- Soil types include Keswick, Wakeland & Creal.
- Public road access on the north side by Cty. Rd. 1750N & on the south by Hwy. 24.
REAL ESTATE METHOD & TERMS
All 3 tracts will be sold in numerical order and on a price per acre basis, based on the advertised acres. Each tract will be sold individually and will not be offered buyers choice or in any combinations at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing on or before Monday, December 3, 2018. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2018 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2019, will be paid by the seller. The 2019 and subsequent real estate taxes will be paid by the buyer(s). Possession will be given at the time of closing, subject only to the remainder of the 2018 crop lease. The farm sells free & clear for the 2019 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising, either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
PERSONAL PROPERTY HIGHLIGHTS TO INCLUDE
Collector Vehicles: The late Mr. Rose enjoyed restoring & driving these classic cars. Most of the vehicles are in good condition, having older restorations. Vehicles include: ‘65 Ford Mustang convertible, red w/ white top & red interior, 6 cyl. engine w/manual trans. (appears to be very solid); ‘31 Ford Model A 4-door sedan w/suicide doors; ‘12 Ford Model T Brass Era open roadster; ‘23 Ford Model T open speedster w/2 individual seats; ‘26 Ford Model T speedster; ‘27 Ford Model T touring car; ‘27 Ford Model T roadster which has been repowered w/a “flathead V8”; ‘16 Ford Model T roadster; ‘27 Ford Model T roadster; ‘25 Ford Model T 2-door; ‘24 Ford Model T C Cab truck; ‘24 Ford Model T C Cab truck; some other Model T & Model A chassis & bodies that are currently disassembled; 2014 H&H enclosed 7’ x 16’ car hauling trailer; huge selection of antique car parts w/strong emphasis on Model T; parts to include motors, hogs heads, heads, wheels, fenders, doors, coils, radiators, etc.; (4) running engines mounted on stands including Ford flathead V8 & flathead 4-cyl. Model T engines w/various performance heads (as stated there will be a very large selection of vintage car parts); Ford 4600 diesel tractor w/cab. 16.9-30 rear & 7.50-16 front tires, 3 pt., dual hyd., tach. reads 1966 hours (straight but faded tin work and nice interior); Farmall H gas tractor, NF, like new 12.4/11-38 rear and 5.50-16 front tires (nice older restoration); antique Farmall tractor w/wide front (likely a B); Cimarron 7’ 3 pt. rotary mower w/dual hard rubber laminated tires (like new); several older trailers. Shop Tools & Misc.: Lincoln SP 125 wire welder; Lincoln 225 stick welder; B&D table top drill press; Buffalo metal band saw; Atlas lathe; Clarke floor model drill press; Campbell Hausfeld 26-gal. air compressor; OX/AC torch outfit; Northern Industrial 12-ton shop press; 20-gal. parts washer; hyd. jacks; several tool boxes; several bolt organizers; Craftsman bench grinder; like new engine hoist; heavy duty overhead chain hoist; several shop benches including one w/a large vice; portable air tank (NIB); numerous log chains & binders; several wooden & alum. ladders; diamond tread tool box; Viper walk behind trimmer; mechanical tire bead breaker; 2-wheel dolly; normal selection of electric power tools, various wrenches, long handled tools, etc. Antiques & Farm Collectibles: Primitive school desk; walking plow; 24” anvil; oil lamp; copper kettle; primitive wheel chair; marbles; few toys; few pieces of antique furniture; bicycles; along with various other misc. items. (Note this is an abbreviated listing.)
The Charles E. Rose Trust Farms & the Charles E. Rose Estate
Sherry Adrian & Steven Rose – Children
Hubert G. Staff
Staff & Staff
237 North 6th Street, Suite 200, Quincy, IL 62301
Phone: (217) 228-8470