244.67 Surveyed Acres – 3 Tracts
Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 1:00 P.M.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $3,350 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $6,550 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $4,800 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $1,179,485.00
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online auction. No on-site bidding permitted.
If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161. Thank you.
Click here to continue to this Proxibid event. After entering, click on ‘Participate in this Event’ which will allow you to participate if you have an account with Proxibid or it also will allow you to set up an account and then participate.
Location & General Information
The Bergmann farm is located approximately 2 miles south of Loraine, IL (just off Hwy 336) or approximately 15 miles north of Quincy, IL. The property is further described as being located in the Northwest Quarter & the North Half of the Southwest Quarter of Section 32, T2N•R7W, Keene Township, Adams County, IL. The tracts represent tillable cropland, recreational/hunting land and potential home building sites. Be sure to check out this property which offers many opportunities and is located less than 15 minutes from Quincy, IL!
Tract 1: 34.63 Surveyed Acres
- Very attractive and desirable small tract of land which offers outstanding home building sites, excellent hunting & recreational opportunities, as well as tillable land.
- FSA figures indicate 21.73 acres of cropland
- Productivity Index: 91.9
- Soil Types: Ursa, Rozetta and Wakeland
- Excellent access just off of Hwy 336 with CR 2500N on the north side and CR 1400E along the west side
Tract 2: 31.59 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate 24.83 acres of cropland
- Productivity Index: 120.1
- Soil Types: Blyton, Keomah and Rozetta
- Bear Creek borders the property along the west side
- Access on the north side by CR 2500N
Tract 3: 178.45 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate 134 acres of cropland
- Productivity Index: 96.4
- Soil Types: Rozetta, Ursa & Keomah soils
- This highly tillable tract of land has had extensive conservation practices with multiple terraces with tile outlets
- Improvements include a 9,000 bushel grain bin with gas dryer, stirrator and sweep auger. Also improved with an older barn.
- The balance of the farm is in wooded draws and hardwoods, which offer excellent whitetail deer and wild turkey hunting.
- Access along the entire west side of the farm by CR 1400E.
Method & Terms
The survey is now complete and the updated surveyed acres will be used to constitute the final settlement price. All three tracts will be sold on a price per acre basis and offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice”, whereas the high bidder can elect, in any order, any or all tracts for their high bid. Buyer’s Choice will continue until all three tracts have been elected. The farm will not be offered in it’s entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing, on or before Monday, December 14, 2020. Bidding is NOT subject to any contingencies, including but not limited to, financing, appraisal, or inspection. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2020 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2021, will be paid by the seller. The 2021 and all subsequent real estate taxes will be the responsibility of the new buyer. Possession will be given at the time of closing, subject to the current tenant for the 2020 crop year. The farm sells free & clear of farm tenancy for the 2021 crop year. There are no hunting leases associated with the property.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
PLAT OF SURVEY
Grant & Virginia Bergmann – Sellers
Auction Manager: John Sullivan (844) 847-2161
Jeffrey L. Terry
Schmiedeskamp, Robertson, Neu & Mitchell LLP
525 Jersey Street
Quincy, IL 62301