Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 1:00 P.M.
97.96 Taxable Acres • 1 Tract
SOLD! $5,000 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $489,800.00
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online only auction. No on-site bidding permitted.
If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161. Thank you.
LOCATION & GENERAL INFORMATION
The Melvin L. Wittler Sr., Trust farm, contains 97.96 taxable acres± and is located just east of Loraine, IL, along the east side of Highway 336. Loraine is approximately 16 miles northeast of Quincy, IL. The property is further described as being located in the East Half of the Northwest Quarter and the West Half of the Northeast Quarter, all in Section 21, T2N-R7W, Keene Township, Adams County, IL.
- Farm will be sold by the acre based on 97.96 taxable acres
- FSA records indicate 74.48 cropland acres
- 30.30 acres in Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) at $106.85/acre ($3,238.00 annual payment) which expires September 30, 2030
- 36.70 acres in CRP at $243.88/acre ($8,950.00 annual payment) which expires September 30, 2028
- 7.48 acres currently being row crop farmed (sells subject to a cash rent tenancy for 2021 – contact auction rep for details)
- Soil Productivity Index (PI) on the entire farm: 107.4
- Soil types include: Wakeland, Ursa, Twomile and Rozetta.
- Balance of the non-cropland acres is standing timber (with Thurman Creek running through it) which offers excellent hunting with Whitetail deer, wild turkey and other small game abundant.
- The property has several older but usable machine sheds, small grain bins and older swine feeding floor.
- Road access: At the east edge of Loraine, IL and just east of the junction of Highway 336 and N2700th Ave, take Service Road #3 south a short distance to the farm
METHOD & TERMS
The Wittler farm will be sold by the acre on the basis of 97.96 taxable acres. Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer will be required to sign a real estate sale contract with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price as a non-refundable down payment, which will be held in escrow until closing. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing on or before Monday, April 12, 2021. Bidding is NOT subject to the following contingencies, including but not limited to: financing, appraisal, or inspection. The seller will provide title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price. The 2020 real estate taxes due and payable in 2021 will be paid by the seller & the 2021 real estate taxes and all subsequent real estate taxes will be the responsibility of the new buyer. Possession will be given at the time of closing. The 7.2 acres that is being tilled sells subject to a cash rent tenancy for 2021 (contact auction rep for further information). Buyer will be required to enter into a successor CRP contract. There are no hunting leases associated with this farm.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors, or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, drone video, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. The real estate is being sold “As Is”.
Melvin L. Wittler Sr., Trust
Jeff Terry • Schmiedeskamp, Robertson, Neu & Mitchell LLP
525 Jersey St., Quincy, IL 62301
Phone (217) 223-3030
Cody Holst (217) 242-8747
John Sullivan (309) 221-6700