Monday, August 16, 2021 at 10:00 A.M.
132.9 Surveyed Acres ±
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online only auction. No on-site bidding permitted.
If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161. Thank you.
Click here to continue to this Proxibid event. After entering, click on ‘Participate in this Event’ which will allow you to participate if you have an account with Proxibid or it also will allow you to set up an account and then participate.
LOCATION & GENERAL INFORMATION
The Terwelp farm contains 132.9 surveyed acres and will be sold in 1-tract. The farm is located approximately 5 miles east of Mendon, IL or 12 miles northwest of Camp Point, IL or 16 miles northeast of Quincy, IL. From Interstate 336/110 at the east edge of Mendon, IL, take County Road (CR) N2250th Ave east 3 miles to CR E1535th St, then north and east 1 mile to CR 1600E, then north ½ mile to the farm. Or, from Camp Point, IL take Highway 24 west 5 miles to Coatsburg, IL, then north on CR E1850th St 3 miles to CR N2200th Ave, then west 11⁄2 miles to CR E1700th St, then North 1 mile to CR 2300N, then west 1 mile to CR 1600E, then north ½ mile to the farm. The property is further described as generally being located in the North Half of Section 3, T1N-R7W, Honey Creek Township, Adams County, IL. (Watch for pre-sale directional signs.)
- 132.9 surveyed acres
- FSA maps indicate 119.24 cropland acres
- Soil Productivity Index (PI): 113.2 (tillable acres)
- Soil types include: Wakeland, Drury, Rozetta and Ursa
- There has been a considerable amount of field drainage tile & conservation terraces installed
- Although the farm is 90% tillable, it is surrounded by mature timber, has patches of woods as well as the south fork of Bear Creek bordering the farm on the north and east sides, all of which provides excellent hunting
- Many home building sites available with ABS rural public water available in the southwest corner of the farm.
- This farm was recently limed in the Fall of 2020.
- Feel free to view this property at your convenience, as there is a very distinct field road that meanders through the farm.
METHOD AND TERMS
The Terwelp property will be sold by the acre based on 132.9 surveyed acres.
Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder will be required to sign a real estate sales contract and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment which will be held in escrow until the closing. The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing which will be on or before September 17, 2021. The seller will pay the 2021 real estate taxes due and payable in 2022 and is retaining all the crop income for 2021. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. Full possession will be given at the time of closing subject to a 2021 crop tenancy & hunting lease.
Bidding is NOT subject to the following contingencies, including but not limited to: financing, appraisal, or inspection.
All announcements made sale day take precedence over prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, drone video, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by the seller or Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold “AS IS”.
Tim & Lisa Terwelp
Dennis G. Woodworth
Blickhan, Timmerwilke & Woodworth
226 North Sixth Street
Quincy, IL 62301
John Sullivan (309) 221-6700
Dan Sullivan (319) 795-1833