Mercer County, Illinois Land Auction – Allen
Tuesday, November 29, 2022 - 2:00 pm Central
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online auction. If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at
TRACT 1 – $7,000 PER ACRE
TRACT 2 – $46,000 LUMP SUM
TOTAL – $326,000.00
Mercer County, Illinois
Dale Jones (309) 299-6400
Tract 1 of the Allen real estate is located approximately 6 miles southeast of Viola, IL, or 22 miles northwest of Galesburg, IL. The property is further described as being located in Section 32, T14N-R1W, Rivoli Township, Mercer County, IL. The property represents tillable cropland, pasture, timber and is improved with a 2-story home and several out buildings. Tract 2 of the Allen real estate is located in New Windsor, Illinois on the southwest corner of Main St. and S 5th Ave. which represents a service station.
Saturday, November 26th • 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Tract 1 - 40 Taxable Acres± & Country Home
- Physical Address: 692 300th St. – New Windsor, IL
- FSA information indicates 25.28 acres of tillable cropland.
- Productivity Index is 101.1 (on tillable acres)
- 0.82 acres enroled in CRP contract that expires on 9.30.25
- Older 1 ½ -story country home in need of updating
- 3 bedrooms, and a single bath.
- Heat source for the dwelling is an LP boiler with radiant heat
- Many recent plumbing repairs and a new well pump installed in August of 2022.
- Home has potential for repair, or would make a fantastic site for a new home.
- The balance of the parcel is in pasture, wooded draws and a small pond.
- Other potential pond sites on the farm.
- Several useable outbuildings on the property.
- Access is on the east by 300th St.
Tract 2 – 2.344 Taxable Acres±
- Physical Address: 601 West Main St. (IL Hwy. 17) – New Windsor, IL
- 2-bay former service station with office area and restrooms.
- Underground storage tanks have been removed and EPA approved remediation completed.
- Highly visible location on a state highway.
- Municipal utilities.
Method & Terms
The Allen Real Estate will be sold in two (2) individual tracts based on the taxable acres. Tract 1 will be sold first on a price per acre basis. Tract 2 will then be sold for a lump sum total dollar amount.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer will be required to sign a real estate sales contract and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment which will be held in escrow until closing. The balance of the purchase price due at closing which will take place on or before December 29, 2022. Seller will retain all the 2022 farm income and pay the 2022 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2023. The buyer will be responsible for the 2023 and all subsequent taxes. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject to a farm crop tenancy for 2022 only.
Bidding is NOT subject to any contingencies, including but not limited to financing, an appraisal, or inspection of the property.
All announcements made on sale day take precedence over prior advertising either written or oral. The information in our brochure, in our advertisements, and on our website is believed to be accurate, however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, drone video, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by the seller or Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold “AS IS.”
Karl Bredberg | Katz Nowinski, P.C.
Po Box 208, 2020 SE 3rd St, Aledo, IL 61231-0208 | (309) 582-5327
Dale Jones (309) 299-6400