SOLD! TRACT 1 – $57,000.00 LUMP SUM
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $5,400.00 PER ACRE
Friday, November 1, 2019 at 10:00 A.M.
Sale to be held at the Promise City Community Center, 102 North Center, Promise City, Iowa 52583
36 Acres± (subject to survey) 2 Tracts
Open House: Monday, October 21st from 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
The Teddy B. Close farm is located in Section 29, Johns Township, Appanoose County, Iowa. The farm is approximately 91⁄2 miles west of Centerville, Iowa on Hwy. 2 or 8 miles east of Promise City, Iowa on Hwy. 2 and then south 1⁄2 mile on 115th Ave to the farm. (Be watching for pre-sale directional signs.)
Tract 1 • 3 Acres± (subject to survey)
- This tract includes a 3 bedroom, 1 bath country home with a 2 car detached garage. Improvements on the property include hay and livestock barns as well as other usable structures. All of this is situated on approximately 3 acres±.
- Access is on the east from 115th Ave.
Tract 2 • 34 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA figures should indicate 31.4 acres tillable.
- This parcel is nearly 100% tillable currently in row crop production.
- Soils include Edina, Seymour and Clarinda.
- CSR2 of 52.3
- Access is from the east from 115th Ave. via a driveway that will require construction. Said driveway has been approved by the Appanoose Secondary Road Department and is subject to road department specifications. All driveway construction costs will be the buyers responsibility.
METHOD & TERMS
The Teddy B. Close Estate land will be sold in two (2) individual tracts, based on a survey that is currently in progress, with the said surveyed acres being used to constitute the final settlement price. Tracts 1 will be sold for a lump sum, total dollar amount. Tract 2 will be sold on a price per acre basis. The tracts will NOT be offered in their entirety or in any combinations at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, December 2, 2019 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject to a lease with the tenant.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
The Teddy B. Close Estate
Connie N. Cowell – Executor
Michael D. Craver
Craver & Grothe
302 W. State St.
Centerville, IA 52544
Phone: (641) 435-6946
Auction Manager: John Probasco (641) 856-7355