Lewis County, Missouri Land Auction
Thursday, August 05, 2021 - 10:00 am Central
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online auction. If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161
TRACT 1 – $8,300 PER ACRE TRACT 2 – $5,250 PER ACRE TRACT 3 – $8,400 PER ACRE TOTAL – $1,433,889.00
Lewis County, Missouri
Tract 1 is located approximately 3.5 miles northwest of Canton, MO in Section 30, T62N•R6W, Canton Township, Lewis County, MO. From Canton, MO take Hwy. 16 west approximately 3 miles to Hwy. F, then north approximately 3/4 mile to County Road 420 (170th St.), then west 1/2 mile to farm.
Tracts 2 & 3 are located approximately 1.5 miles north of Canton, MO in Section 21, T62N•R6W, Canton Township. From Canton, MO (Jct. of Hwy. 16 & 81) take Hwy. 81 north 1.5 miles to County Road 488 (165th St.), then west approximately 1/2 mile to farm.
Cindy Lewis – Personal Representative
Bill Fretwell (660) 341-7735
202.02 Surveyed Acres • 3 Tracts
Land represents highly productive tillable cropland with the balance in hardwood timber and wooded draws. Farm offers premier northern Missouri whitetail deer & wild turkey hunting acreage.
Tract 1 • 80.55 Surveyed Acres
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 72.87 acres of productive tillable farmland.
• Soil types: Putnam, Kilwinning & Armstrong.
• Land represents highly productive tillable farmland with the balance in wooded draws.
• Access from the north by County Road 420 (170th St.).
Tract 2 • 80.96 Surveyed Acres
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 55.66 acres of productive tillable farmland.
• Soil types: Winfield, Kilwinning, Gifford, Lindley & Keswick.
• Land represents productive tillable farmland with the balance in hardwood timber & wooded draws.
• Tract offers premier northern Missouri whitetail deer & wild turkey hunting acreage.
• Access from the south by County Road 488 (165th St.).
Tract 3 • 40.51 Surveyed Acres
• FSA figures should indicate approximately 23.36 acres of productive tillable farmland.
• Soil types: Gifford, Chariton, Keswick, Fatima & Winfield.
• Land represents productive tillable farmland with the balance in hardwood timber & wooded draws and offers outstanding whitetail deer & wild turkey hunting acreage.
• Access from the north from County Road 488 (165th St.).
method & terms
A survey has been completed prior to the sale on all 3 tracts. Tracts 1-3 will be sold on a price per acre basis based on acreages obtained from completed survey. Tracts 1-3 will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice” whereas the high bidder can purchase (in any order) any or all of Tracts 1-3 for their high bid. “Buyer’s Choice” auctioning will continue until all of Tracts 1-3 have been elected. The tracts will not be offered in their entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing.
Immediately following the auction, the winning bidder(s) will be required to sign a real estate sales contract and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment, payable to Oak Hills Title Co., which shall hold the money in escrow until closing.
The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing which will take place at Oak Hills Title Co. on or before September 8, 2021. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject to the current 2021 farm lease only.
The 2021 real estate taxes will be paid by the sellers. The 2022 real estate taxes and subsequent years will be the responsibility of the buyer(s). Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. Closing costs will be split between buyer & seller.
All announcements made sale day take precedence over prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by seller or Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold “AS IS”.
Cindy Lewis – Personal Representative
Anthony J. Soukenik
120 S. Central Avenue
Clayton, MO 63105
Title Work By:
Oak Hills Title Company
307 Lewis Street
Auction Manager: Bill Fretwell (660) 341-7735