No-Reserve Real Estate & Personal Property Auction – Bickett
Bidding Closes: Monday, July 25, 2022
Starting At: 8:00 am Central
Timed Online Auction Format
The Edmund Bickett Estate real estate is located in Old Shawneetown, New Shawneetown, Equality, Ridgway and New Haven, IL (Gallatin County), and just outside of Morganfield and Waverly, KY (Union County).
Edmund Bickett Estate
Cody Holst (217) 242-8747
John Sullivan (309) 221-6700
Day 1 of the huge 2-day auction for the Edmund Bickett Estate Auction
The properties consist of 39 lots, 2 of which are improved with brick, ranch style homes, 1 has a nice equipment storage building, several are wooded with recreational value, and the majority are vacant, unimproved lots.
These properties are located near numerous historic and recreational sites including Garden of the Gods Recreation Area, Cave in Rock State Park, the Shawnee National Forest, and in close proximity to the Ohio and Wabash Rivers.
This is a timed online auction. Go to SullivanAuctioneers.com for additional information.
Additional information & photos coming soon!
Edmund Bickett was a legend in the southern Illinois and northwestern Kentucky area. He was an entrepreneur and a very successful business man. Sullivan Auctioneers are honored to conduct this 2-day auction for the Bickett family. We will sell to the highest bidder, without reserve, on a timed-auction, one-owner, low houred/low miles equipment and vehicles as well as a huge selection of tools, household items, liquor and 39 residential and recreational lots (several improved with homes and buildings). Every item sells absolute, without reserve as well as with no buyer’s premium. This will be a timed online only event – no onsite bidding. Visit our website for detailed photos, internet bidding catalogs, and auction information. A loader and operator will be available following the sale. Not responsible for accidents, errors, or omissions.
Real Estate Open House:
Wednesday, July 20th • 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday, July 26 & Wednesday, July 27 • 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday, July 28 • 8:00 AM – Noon
OLD SHAWNEETOWN, IL • LOTS 1 - 25
- LOT 1: Contains 8 acres and is mostly wooded which offers outdoor recreational and hunting opportunities. The Old Shawneetown levee crosses through this property. Round Lane Rd is on the south side and Big Hill Rd on the east. (Tax ID# 10-001-023-07)
- LOT 2: Unimproved lot with trees. Gallatin St is on the north side and Monroe St is on the south. (Tax ID# 10-002-035-06, 10-002-034-12, 10-002-041-03)
- LOT 3: Unimproved 52’ x 208’ lot. Old Shawneetown levee crosses this lot on the east side. Currently inaccessible by a street. (Tax ID# 10-002-058-05)
- LOT 4: Unimproved 104’ x 104’ lot. Jefferson St on the south. (Tax ID# 10-002-044-04)
- LOT 5: Unimproved 210’ x 210’ lot with mature standing timber. Round Lane Rd (Gallatin St) on the north side. (Tax ID# 10-002-029-04)
- LOT 6: Unimproved 210’ x 280’ lot with mature standing timber. Monroe St is located in the northeast corner. (Tax ID# 10-002-029-08 & 10-002-029-09)
- LOT 7: Unimproved 35’ x 210’ lot with mature standing timber. Currently inaccessible by a street. (Tax ID# 10-002-030-08)
- LOT 8: Unimproved 210’ x 210’ lot. Madison St on the north and Poplar St on the west. (Tax ID# 10-002-038-12)
- LOT 9: Unimproved 210’ x 210’ lot. Madison St on the south and Walnut St on the east. (Tax ID# 10-002-033-07)
- LOT 10: Unimproved irregular shaped lot. Madison St on the south and Locust St on the east. (Tax ID# 10-002-042-07 & 10-002-041-07)
- LOT 11: 208’ x 104’ lot improved with:
- 1-story, 2-bedroom 2-bath brick home with open kitchen, dining and living area, gas forced air furnace/central AC
- 32’ x 42’ detached garage
- 44’ x 60’ metal storage shed with 16’ sidewalls, (3) overhead doors , concrete floor, LP heater and central AC
- Address: 315 Madison St.
- (Tax ID# 10-002-048-08)
- LOT 12: Unimproved 210’ x 210’ lot. Madison St on the north and Walnut St on the east. (Tax ID# 10-002-033-05)
- LOT 13: Unimproved 35’ x 208’ lot. Main Cross St on the south. (Tax ID# 10-002-038-05)
- LOT 14: Unimproved 52’ x 208’ lot. Locust St on the west. (Tax ID# 10-002-045-05)
- LOT 15: Unimproved 26’ x 208’ lot. Market St on the west, This property has an older 1-story building on it which will be removed by seller prior to closing. (Tax ID# 10-002-052-01)
- LOT 16: Unimproved 104’ x 104’ & 52’ x 104’ lot. Madison St on the north and Main St on the east. (Tax ID# 10-002-056-11)
- LOT 17: Unimproved 26’ x 208’ lot. Main St on the east. (Tax ID# 10-002-056-07)
- LOT 18: 208’ x 260’ lot improved with:
- 42’ x 164’ metal storage building with (10) overhead doors
- (2) carports
- Adams St on the north and Market St on the east.
- (Tax ID# 10-002-048-03 & 10-002-060-15)
- LOT 19: Unimproved 104’ x 104’ lot. Adams St on the south. (Tax ID# 10-002-046-02)
- LOT 20: Unimproved 104’ x 104’ lot. Old Shawneetown St on the north. (Tax ID# 10-002-056-01)
- LOT 21: Unimproved 208’ x 208’ lot. Market St on the west and Adams St on the south. (Tax ID# 10-002-052-05 & 10-002-060-19)
- LOT 22: Unimproved 104’ x 104’ lot. Adams St on the south. (Tax ID# 10-002-060-21 divided parcel)
- LOT 23: Unimproved 104’ x 208’ lot. Main St on the west. (Tax ID# 10-002-060-15)
- LOT 24: Unimproved 156’ x 208’ lot. Market St on the west and Adams St on the north. (Tax ID# 10-002-060-20)
- LOT 25: Unimproved 104’ x 208’ lot. Market St on the west and Adams St on the south. (Tax ID# 10-002-060-21 divided parcel)
NEW SHAWNEETOWN, IL • LOTS 26 - 29
- LOT 26: 150’ x 150’ corner lot improved with:
- 1-story, 3-bedroom 1-bath brick home with kitchen, dining and living room, enclosed porch, metal roof and full basement
- Address: 295 W Logan Ave
- (Tax ID# 05-002-128-03)
LOT 27: Unimproved 55’ x 100’ lot. W. Shawnee Ave & Hwy 13 on the south. (Tax ID# 05-002-081-03 & 05-002-081-04)
LOT 28: Unimproved 75’ x 100’ lot. Lincoln Blvd West St on the east. (Tax ID# 05-002-082-04)
LOT 29: Unimproved 70’ x 142’ lot. Lincoln Blvd East St on the west. (Tax ID# 05-002-091-08)
Equality, IL • LOTS 30 - 32
LOT 30: Unimproved 40’ x 90’ wooded lot. Access by gravel driveway (extension of Benton St.)(Tax ID# 04-002-078-05)
LOT 31: Unimproved 0.37 acre wooded lot. Appears to be inaccessible by a street/road but an abandoned RR ROW is on the north and the Saline River is on the south. (Tax ID# 04-002-060-06)
LOT 32: Unimproved wooded lot with 3.24 deeded acres however 1.25 calculated acres. South McDuffy St appears to access the property in the northeast corner and an abandoned RR ROW is on the south. (Tax ID# 04-002-058-07)
Ridgway, IL • LOT 33
LOT 33: Unimproved 55’ x 390’ lot (0.50 acre). W Main St (Ridgway New Haven Rd) on the south - west edge of Ridgway. (Tax ID# 07-001-042-12)
New Haven, IL • LOTS 34 - 37
- LOT 34: Unimproved 65’ x 70’ lot. Vine St on the south and Franklin St on the west. (Tax ID# 06-002-084-06)
- LOT 35: Unimproved 140’ x 140’ lot. Front St on the south and Ford St on the west. (Tax ID# 06-002-075-01 & 06-002-075-02)
- LOT 36: Unimproved 140’ x 140’ wooded lot. Currently not accessible by a street but located south of Market St and between Main and Mill streets. (Tax ID# 06-002-059-06 & 06-002-059-07)
- LOT 37: (2) Unimproved 70’ x 140 wooded lots. Currently not accessible by a street but located north of Jefferson St and between Main and Mill streets. (Tax ID# 06-002-065-07 & 06-002-065-09)
Morganfield, KY • LOT 38
LOT 38: Unimproved 5.01 acre mostly wooded lot. E US Hwy 60 on the north and Terre Hill Rd on the west. (Tax ID# 49-06-09)
Waverly, KY • LOT 39
LOT 39: Unimproved 1.13 acre lot. E US Hwy 60 on the south. (Tax ID# 94-03-11)
Method & Terms
All 39-tracts will sell individually, starting with Lot 1 and continuing through Lot 39. This will be a timed online auction with no in-person bidding. If you need bidding assistance please contact our office at 844-847-2161.
Immediately following the auction, the winning bidders will be required to sign a Real Estate Sales Contract and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment which will be held in escrow until closing. The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing, on or before August 31, 2022.
Bidding is NOT subject to any contingencies, including but not limited to financing, an appraisal, or inspection.
Seller will provide Title Insurance. The 2022 real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession will be given at the time of closing.
All announcements made sale day take precedence over prior advertising, either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors, or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, drone video, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by the seller or Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold “AS IS”.
Old Shawneetown, IL • Lots 1 - 25
New Shawneetown, IL • Lots 26 - 29
Equality, IL • Lots 30 - 32
Ridgway, IL • Lot 33
New Haven, IL • Lots 34 - 37
Morganfield, KY • Lot 38
Waverly, KY • Lot 39
The Edmund Bickett Estate
Representing Attorney: James L. Van Winkle
Van Winkle & Van Winkle
301 S Jackson St. | PO BOX 337 | McLeansboro, IL 62859-0337 | (618) 643-4396
Cody Holst (217) 242-8747
John Sullivan (309) 221-6700
- Personal Property Location: 315 Madison st., old shawneetown, IL 62984
- Load out: Tuesday, July 26 & Wednesday, July 27 • 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM | Thursday, July 28 • 8:00 AM - Noon
Tools - Hardware - Misc.
- Hundreds of tools (many new in the box) to include: bolt cutters, open/box end wrenches, hammers, punches, drill bits, sockets, screwdrivers, chisels, pipe wrenches, lathe tools, pullers, vise grips, adjustable wrenches, pipe clamps & many other similar items
- Hundreds of power & air tools (many new in the box) to include: angle grinders, drills, sawzalls, cut off saws, impacts, rotary hammer, battery booster pack, battery chargers, heat guns & many other similar items
- Large selection of air compressors, portable air tanks, shop creepers, shop stools, etc.
- Large quantity of chains, binders, ratchet straps, hitches, cable winches, floor & bottle jacks, anvils & many similar type items
- Dozens of new toolboxes, ladders, booster cables, long-handled tools, shop fans, rope, organizers, pump up sprayers & many other similar items
- Numerous lots of metal racking, 2-wheel dollies, rolling utility carts & other similar items
- Large selection of extension cords, cord reels, plastic containers, storage bins, tarps, garden hose & many other misc. items
- Selection of shop tools to include: Delta upright air compressor, shop press, acetylene torch outfit, welders & welding supplies, etc.
Household - Antiques - Misc.
- Large quantity of new in box smokers, turkey fryers, outdoor double burner stoves, etc.
- Nice selection of new in box small appliances - roasters, pressure cookers, toaster ovens, mini fridges, blenders, etc.
- Selection of new in box silverware, pots, pans, cooking utensils, etc.
- Nice collection of antiques including: approx. 120’ of ornate wrought iron fence, Case knives, dinner bell, stoneware, 55-gal. barrel of pennies & other items
- Huge selection of Rubbermaid containers, Igloo coolers, drink dispensers, etc.
- Large selection of new glass jars, trash bags, trash cans, Ziplock bags, light bulbs, paper towels & napkins, office supplies, gloves, etc.
- Large quantity of new in box ceiling fans & space heaters
- Selection of safes (including gun) & ammunition
- Large selection of household furniture including tables & chairs, couches, recliners, beds, dressers, washer & dryer, refrigerator, freezers, etc.
Liquor & Advertisement
- Selling over 250 lots of unopened cases & bottles of liquor to include: whiskey, tequila, gin, vodka, rum, schnapps & others
- Large selection of neon lights, signs & related advertising items
- (5) commercial sliding door coolers & (1) walk-in cooler