Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 8:30 A.M.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $5,800.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $6,000.00 LUMP SUM
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $2,500.00 LUMP SUM
Auction Venue: Sullivan Auction Site, Hwy. 136 East, Hamilton, IL 62341
Selling 3 parcels of Hancock County, IL real estate
REAL ESTATE SELLS AT 12:00 NOON AT SULLIVAN AUCTION SITE
OPEN HOUSE: Parcel 1 • Monday, July 1st • 3:00 – 5:00 pm — Parcels 2 & 3 can be viewed at your leisure!
LOCATION & GENERAL INFORMATION
Parcel 1 (35.55 Taxable Acres±) • Physical Address: 1511 N Hwy 96, Hamilton, IL 62341: This tract is located in Section 18, T5N•R8W, Montebello Township. From the Jct. of 136 & 96, at the west edge of Hamilton, take Hwy. 96 north 2 miles. Improvements include a 1,425 sq. ft. modular-type home with a full basement/garage and a 720 sq. ft. deck. Other improvements include several older outbuildings and barn. Although the home and outbuildings add very little value to the land, this is certainly one of the most desirable and unique properties we’ve sold in quite some time! It is very secluded & private and has a picturesque view overlooking the historic Mississippi River. Land consists of gently rolling open pasture/hay ground, mature timber which offers superb whitetail deer & wild turkey hunting, meandering streams and a pond.
Parcel 2 (2 Lots) • Physical Address: 880 N 5th Street, Hamilton, IL 62341: This parcel consists of Lake View Heights Lots 16, 17 & the South Half of Lot 18. Improvements include an uninhabitable home. The view and building potential is as desirable as any Lot(s) in Hamilton, IL!
Parcel 3 (Small Lot) • Located at the north end of Sycamore Haven Drive, Nauvoo, IL 62354 (at the dead end road): This small triangle shaped piece of real estate offers a potential building site. There is an abandoned mobile home on this property which has little to no value.
METHOD & TERMS
Tract 1 will sell on a price per acre basis, based on 35.55 Taxable Acres. Tracts 2 & 3 will sell for a “lump sum” total dollar amount.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay fifteen percent (15%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing on or before Tuesday, August 13, 2019. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2019 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2020, will be prorated to the date of closing. The 2020 & subsequent real estate taxes will be paid by the buyer(s). Possession will be given at the time of closing.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
PARCEL 1 PHOTOS
PARCEL 2 PHOTOS
PARCEL 3 PHOTOS
UPDATED SALE DAY INFORMATION:
3 auction rings throughout part of the day—please come prepared with extra bidder(s). Please note the early 8:30 A.M. starting time…doors will open at 7:00 A.M. Artifacts will start selling at approximately 9:00 A.M. Tractor, farm machinery and vehicles will sell at approximately 11:30 – 12:00 noon.
- Case-IH DX35 compact utility tractor, MFWD, 2 spd. Hydro, 540 PTO, 3 pt., 17.5L-24 rear tires, 10-16.5 front tires, ROPS & 1,185 hrs. and sells complete with Case-IH L160 loader, SN HBA0005793
- Land Pride RCR 1872 6’ 3 pt. rotary mower, 540 PTO
- John Deere 350 9’ 3-pt. sickle bar mower
- JD 672 5-bar hay rake with front dolly wheel
- Worksaver MZ4 145 5’ 3-pt. tiller
- King Kutter 6’ 3-pt disk
- King Kutter 1-shank ripper
- 2-bottom 3-pt. plow
- 7’ 3-pt. cultivator
- 6’ 3-pt. blade
- Farm Star 250 3-pt PTO seeder
- 3-pt. 2 disc closer
Vehicles & Trailer
- ’04 Chrysler Town & Country Limited van, auto trans., full power, 62,487 miles
- ’08 Ford Ranger, 4WD, 5-spd. Trans., color white, 47,655 miles
- ’07 BMW R1200RT motorcycle, only 2,624 miles
- ’90 GMC Cargo Van, only 77,000 miles
- ’09 Trailerman 10’ x 6’ bumper hitch utility trailer with rear mesh ramp
Lawn & Garden
- ’09 John Deere X500 riding lawn mower, 48” deck, hydro, 520.8 hrs.
- Troy Bilt “Tuffy” rear tine garden tiller
- Heavy Hauler poly dump lawn cart
- Craftsman 5-hp chipper/shredder
- Cyclone Rake Commercial Pro vacuum system
- Lawn Boy push mower
- Craftsman 17” gas powered weed eater
- Several walking garden cultivators
- Garden planter with plates
Tools & Miscellaneous
- Acetylene torch outfit
- Campbell Hausfeld Iron Force 28-gal. portable air compressor with air hose
- DeWalt 7739 10” radial saw
- Portable cement mixer
- Wooden & aluminum extension ladders
- DeWalt 12” compound miter saw
- DeWalt chop saw
- Makita chop saw
- Long handled tools to include: Rakes, shovels, axes, picks, potato fork, scoops, pitch forks, etc.
- Large selection of small hand tools to include: Open & box end wrenches, hammers, pliers, screwdrivers, pipe wrenches, sockets, drill bits, wire brushes, hand saws, grease guns, C-clamps, staple guns and the list goes on and on!
- Several toolboxes & metal organizers
- 2-wheel bench grinders
- Portable bead sandblaster
- Handyman jack
- Bottle jacks
- Stihl MS 290 chain saw with hard case
- Several ropes
- Selection of extension cords
- Pipe vise on tripod
- Gas cans
- Pony air tank
- Trouble light on retractable reel
- 2-wheel dolly cart
- Bar clamps
All local and federal firearm laws will be enforced. There will be a 72 hour hold on all applicable firearms. You can fill out your paperwork on sale day.
- Polar Kraft 14’ jon boat, complete with Johnson 25-hp outboard & trailer
- Remington Wingmaster 870 12 ga pump shotgun
- Marlin 22-cal lever action rifle
- Early vintage double barrel shotgun
- Riddle black powder rifle
- Joseph Manton black powder rifle
- (2) Military bolt action rifles
- S&W 32-cal. revolver
- Stevens 12-gal single shot shotgun
- Pellet & BB guns
- Black Diamond fireproof gun safe
- Browning compound bow w/quiver & soft case
- Approximately (50) rods & reels to include some very early open face reels
- Several tackle boxes, stocked
- Minnow bucket
- Coleman tailgating gas stove, new
- Kerosene heater (ideal for portable deer stand)
- Several deer shed antlers, moose horns, elk antlers
- Electric meat grinder
- Trolling motor
- Outdoor Weber grill
- Gas fish cookers
- Remington 10×50 binoculars and other binoculars
- 10 bicycles
- Large anvil on wooden block
- Large butchering kettle
- Hand corn sheller
- Lard presses
- Cast iron Implement seat
- Early posts and bench vises
- Well pump
- Decorative country yard gates
- Small hand grinder
- Cattle dehorners
- Buck saw
Household – Antiques – Artifact Collection
- Bassett 5-pc. Bedroom outfit
- Antique oak 2-door secretary
- Modern stack style bookcase
- Oak rocker
- Kenmore refrigerator, textured front and color black
- Maytag matching washer & dryer
- Antique walnut bed with fancy applied carving
- Antique walnut corner what-not shelf
- Antique mirror with gilded frame
- Small cast iron stove
- Antique mantel clock
- Vintage world globe on cast iron stand
- Parlor lamp with slag glass shade
- Few crocks to include 12-gal Blue Ribbon
- Early black & white autographed photos of movie stars
- Early photo of Camp Ellis, IL
- Collection of cast iron banks (some repo and some old)
- (2) antique trunks
- Qty of glassware & china
- Books & magazines
- Usual selection of kitchen & cookware
- Fruit jars & glass bottles
- Several oil lamps
- (2) 4-bladed fans
- Jewelry to include costume, necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc.
- Photography equipment
- Toys and games
- Pottery nativity set
- Large collection of artifacts, several mounted on boards and others loose
- Several pcs. of African items to include drums, face masks and other accent pcs.
SPECIAL MENTION: There will be a large qty of items that will not be transported to the auction site and will be sold at the conclusion of the auction to include: lumber, dog pen, scrap iron, building materials, concrete & architectural blocks, 8’x12’ utility building (rough), large enclosed van trailer (storage only), etc. Follow website closer to sale day for additional information.
AUCTIONEERS’ NOTE: This is truly an old fashion country estate auction that seldom comes along anymore. Please note the early 8:30 A.M. starting time. 2 auction rings will be running throughout part of the day. The coins (which will be sold online on Friday), guns & artifacts have been removed from the home and will be secured in a vault until sale day. Lunch available. Not responsible for accidents, errors or omissions. Announcements sale day take precedence.
PLEASE NOTE: Large coin collection from the Bruce Cox Estate will be offered through an online only auction format and will be held on Friday, July 12th at 10:00 A.M.
Bruce R. Cox Estate
Sandra E. Cox – Administrator