Friday, September 18, 2020 at 10:00 A.M.
213.81 Surveyed Acres • 2 Tracts
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $3,900.00 per acre
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $2,075.00 per acre
TOTAL – $677,949.25
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online only auction. No on-site bidding permitted.
If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161. Thank you.
Click here to continue to this Proxibid event. After entering, click on ‘Participate in this Event’ which will allow you to participate if you have an account with Proxibid or it also will allow you to set up an account and then participate.
Open House: Friday, September 4th from 4:00 – 5:30 P.M.
Location & General Information
The Beckman Farm is located in Sections 7 & 8, Flint River Township, Des Moines County, Iowa. (5 miles northwest of West Burlington, Iowa)
From Exit 258 on US Hwy. 34 go northwest on Beaverdale Road 4 1⁄2 miles to North Prairie Grove Road, then turn right or north and proceed 1⁄2 mile to the farm.
The Beckman Farm offers productive tillable farmland, good open pasture and hay production. The balance of this farm offers awesome hunting and recreational acreage which is conveniently located just a short distance northwest of West Burlington, Iowa.
Tract 1 • 128.38 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates 20.63 tillable acres.
- There is a high percentage of this tract which is improved open pasture allowing haying/grazing opportunities.
- The balance of this tract has mature timber that offers excellent hunting and recreational opportunities.
- CSR2 is 78.7 (on the tillable acres only).
- Improvements include an older 2 story 3 bedroom home, 36’ x 60’ pole barn, 32’ x 40’ concrete block milkhouse and several areas of concrete feeding floors.
- Rathbun Rural Water services this tract.
- Access is on the west off of North Prairie Grove Road.
Tract 2 • 85.43 Surveyed Acres
- The entire tract is nearly 100% wooded timber that has excellent cover for all types of wildlife including whitetail deer, wild turkey and other small game.
- Access is on the west off of North Prairie Grove Road as well as via an owned lane off of Beaverdale Road from the south.
Method & Terms
The Beckman Farm will be sold in two (2) individual tracts based on a survey that has recently been completed, with the said surveyed acres used to constitute the final settlement price. Both tracts will be sold through the marketing method of “buyers choice” whereas the high bidder can take either or both tracts for their high bid. Buyers choice auctioning will continue until both tracts are sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is not contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, October 19, 2020 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Full possession will be given at the time of closing on both tracts, subject to the harvest of crops on Tract 1.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Robert W. & Marlene L. Beckman
H. Eugene Anderson
Anderson, Roberts, Porth, Wallace & Stewart LLP
524 N. Main Street
Burlington, IA 52601
Phone: (319) 754-7585
Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4329
Craig Hoyer (319) 931-7016
Jim Huff (319) 931-9292