284.46 SURVEYED ACRES ± • 4 TRACTS
Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 5:00 P.M.
Sale to be held at The Pzazz! • 3001 Winegard Drive • Burlington, Iowa 52601
Tract 1: $3,100.00 per acre
Tract 2: $3,100.00 per acre
Tract 3: $4,800.00 per acre
Tract 4: $5,750.00 per acre
The Jacoby Trust Farm is located in Sections 3, 4, 9 & 10 of Jackson Township, Des Moines County, IA (9 miles northeast of Burlington, IA.)
At the northeast edge of Burlington, IA, on St. Hwy 99, go 9 miles through the small village of Kingston, IA to Meekers Landing Rd./Co. Rd. H40, turn right or east on Meekers Landing Rd./Co. Rd. H40 and proceed 3¼ miles to the farm.
(Be watching for pre-sale directional signs)
Tract 1 – 24.96 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 16.73 acres tillable with the balance being a wooded draw & a small wooded area east of Meekers Landing Rd.
- Titus & Wabash soils
- CSR2 is 44.9
- This small tract offers a nice home building site with hard surface road frontage.
- Access is on the north by Meekers Landing Rd./Co. Rd. H40
Tract 2 – 103.31 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 78.27 acres tillable with the balance being in waterways & wooded draws.
- Soils include Dolbee, Zook & Shaffton
- CSR2 is 67.7
- This tract is improved with an older livestock barn suitable for machinery storage.
- Access is on the east by Meekers Landing Rd./Co. Rd. H40
Tract 3 – 77.41 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 71 acres tillable with the balance in waterways and a small wooded area.
- Productive soils include Dolbee, Shaffton, & Zook
- CSR2 is 64.8
- Access is in the southeast portion of the tract by 198th St.
Tract 4 – 78.78 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 78 acres tillable
- Productive Snider, Shaffton & Titus soils
- CSR2 is 65.2
- Access is on the south by 198th St.
METHOD AND TERMS
The Jacoby Trust Farm will be sold on a price per acres basis based on a survey that has recently been completed. Said survey will be used to calculate the final settlement price. Tracts 1 – 4 will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” whereas the high bidder can purchase (in any order) any or all tracts for their high bid. “Buyer’s Choice” will continue until all four tracts have been sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten percent (10%) of the final bid price will be paid on the day of sale with the balance due at the time of closing, on or before Friday, October 21, 2016, upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. Taxes will be prorated to the date of closing based on the last available tax statement. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject to a farm lease for the 2016 crop year. The farm sells free and clear for the 2017 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Rolland Jacoby Trust
Dan Hutchcroft – Trustee
Hills Bank & Trust, North Liberty, Iowa
Gary Haymond – Trustee
Representing & Closing Attorney:
Craig N. Willis
Willis & Willis
500 South Dubuque Street
Iowa City, IA 52240
Phone: (319) 337-9621