153.20 Surveyed Acres • 1 Tract
Monday, November 18, 2019 at 5:00 P.M.
Sale to be held at the Tuscola Community Building, 122 W N Central Ave, Tuscola, IL 61953
Location & General Information
The Kleiss farm is located approx. 4 miles north of Tuscola, IL and is further described as being located in Section 11, T16N – R8E, Tuscola Township, Douglas County, IL.
Class A, tillable cropland! Sells free & clear for 2020!
- FSA figures indicate 143.75 acres of NHEL cropland
- PI Rating: 140.7 (Class A)
- Productive Flanagan, Drummer-Milford & Catlin soils
- The balance of the farm represents a creek meandering through the property and an interstate borrow pit located at the northwest portion of the farm
- There is large advertising billboard in the northwest part of the farm with a $700 per year contract that runs through 2-1-2026
- Access is along the north side by County Rd 1450N & along the east side by County Rd 1150E
Method & Terms
The Kleiss farm has recently been surveyed and will sell on a price per acre basis.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will be due at the time of closing, on or before Wednesday, December 18, 2019. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2019 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2020, will be paid by the seller. The 2020 & subsequent real estate taxes will be paid by the buyer(s). Possession will be given at the time of closing, subject only to the current tenant’s farm lease. The farm sells free & clear for the 2020 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Barry M. & Carolyn Kleiss Farm
Carolyn Kleiss Estate
Michelle Owen – Executor
Law Office of Armstrong & Grove LLC
Janet L. Grove
1400 Charleston Ave.
PO Box 1425
Mattoon IL 61938
Auction Manager: Kevin Haas (309) 264-7767