Hancock & Henderson County, IL Land Auction
Friday, November 05, 2021 - 10:00 am Central
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online auction. If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161
Hancock & Henderson Counties, Illinois
Tract 1 is located approximately 4 miles southwest of Dallas City, IL, and is further described as being located in the East Half of the Northeast Quarter of Section 20, T7N-R7W, Pontoosuc Township, Hancock County, IL.
Tract 2 is located approximately 2 miles west of Dallas City, IL (along Highway 96), and is further described as being located in the Northeast Quarter of Section 8, T7N-R7W, Pontoosuc Township, Hancock County, IL.
Tract 3 is located approximately 1 ½ miles west of Lomax, IL (An island in the Mississippi River) and is further described as being located in the North Half of Section 20, T8N-R6W, Lomax Township, Henderson County, IL.
Donald R Vaughn Trust / Norma J Vaughn Trust
and Dunn Land Trust
Randy Sharpe (217) 357-4993
Dan Sullivan (319) 795-1833
- Tract 1 contains 85.8 surveyed acres and is an all tillable, productive Class A farm.
- Tract 2 contains 29.42 taxable acres with approximately 16 acres of productive cropland and the balance of the land in trees offering excellent outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Tract 3 consists of 9 shares out of 90 shares of the 22.2 acre South Turkey Island #11, which offers outstanding waterfowl hunting and fishing opportunities.
Tract 1 (85.8 surveyed Acres)
- FSA maps indicate 84.34 cropland acres
- Soil Productivity Index (PI): 138 (Class A)
- Soil types include Muscatune, Sable, Shiloh and Atterberry
- North County Road 1500 borders the east side and East County Road 2700 the north side
- Excellent, nearly all tillable Class A farm
Tract 2 (29.42 Taxable Acres)
- FSA maps indicate 16.61 cropland acres
- Soil Productivity Index (PI): 128.8 (Tillable Acres)
- Soil types include Lawson and Titus
- The balance of the acres is wooded which offers excellent outdoor recreational and hunting opportunities
- Highway 96 borders the farm on the north side
- Tract 2 has the best of both worlds - income producing cropland and recreational acres
Tract 3 (9 Shares of South Turkey Island)
- South Turkey Island #11 is located west of Lomax, IL in the Mississippi River
- Selling are 9 of 90 shares of the Island
- From the west edge of Lomax, IL, take E. Main street (which turns into N300 road) west 1 mile to the river
- South Turkey Island #11 offers outstanding waterfowl hunting and fishing opportunities
METHOD & TERMS
Tract 1 will sell first by the acre based on the surveyed acres, Tract 2 will sell next, by the acre based on the taxable acres, and then we will sell Tract 3 (the 9 shares) for a lump sum, total dollar amount. Each sale will be final and NOT offered together.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to sign a real estate sales contract and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment which will be held in escrow until closing. The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing which will take place on or before December 6, 2021. The seller will provide title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price and pay the 2021 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2022. Possession at closing subject to any remaining crop tenancy for the 2021 crop year only.
Bidding is NOT subject to the following contingencies, including but not limited to financing, an appraisal or inspection of the property.
All announcements made sale day take precedence over prior advertising either written or oral. The information in our brochure, in our advertisements and on our website is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, drone video, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by the seller or Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold “AS IS”.
Thomas F. Hartzell
Tucker, Hartzell & Bryant
608 Wabash Ave.
Carthage, IL 62321