Friday, March 10, 2017 at 1:00 P.M.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $3,600.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $3,550.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $3,550.00 PER ACRE
Sale to be held at the American Legion, 275 Pumyea St., Fairview, IL 61432
229.69 Surveyed Acres
LOCATION & GENERAL INFORMATION
The Newcomb Farm is located approximately 1 1/2 miles north of Fairview, IL on Highway 97, then west approximately 1 mile on access road. Fairview is located approximately 12 miles northwest of Canton, IL or 30 miles west of Peoria, IL. or 40 miles east of Macomb, IL. The land is further described as being located in Sections 17, 20 & 21 of Fairview Township, Fulton County, IL. The property contains a total of approximately 235 acres (subject to survey in progress) and will be sold in 3 parcels ranging in size from 60 acres to 95 acres. The tracts represent productive tillable farmland, hunting & recreational land & pastureland. The Newcomb Farm offers the investor a tremendous opportunity to purchase productive farmland and excellent hunting, fishing and outdoor recreational property.
REAL ESTATE TAXES
2016 Real Estate Taxes: Payable in 2017 – $1,411.00
Tract 1 – 82.96 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate 40.33 acres of cropland.
- PI rating on the tillable portion: 112.7 with the dominant soil type being Rozetta.
- Balance of the acres is woods, pasture & creeks.
- Outstanding hunting & recreational tract with whitetail deer, wild turkey & other small game.
- Access is via 40’ roadway located along the west side of Tract 2.
- Coal Creek borders Tract 1 on the north side.
Tract 2 – 83.57 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate 44.21 acres of cropland.
- PI rating on the tillable portion: 116.7 with the dominant soil type being Rozetta.
- Balance of the acres is open grassland that has been baled for hay & wooded land which offers excellent hunting & outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Road access is from the south.
- Coal Creek borders Tract 2 on the north side.
Tract 3 – 63.16 Surveyed Acres
- FSA figures indicate 7.57 acres of cropland which is in grass.
- The balance of this tract is woods & strip mine land with several ponds.
- Tract 3 offers some outstanding hunting, fishing & outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Road access is in the southwest corner of this tract.
METHOD AND TERMS
A survey has recently been completed. All 3 tracts will sell on a price per acre basis with the surveyed acres being used to calculate the final settlement price. All three tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice” whereas the high bidder can elect (in any order) any or all tracts for their high bid. “Buyer’s Choice” of auctioning will continue until all tracts have been sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) will be required to enter into a written purchase agreement with the seller and pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The balance of the bid price will due at the time of closing on or before April 10, 2017. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2016 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2017, will be paid by the seller. The 2017 real estate taxes & subsequent years will be paid by the buyer. Full possession will be given at the time of closing. All tracts sell free & clear of any crop or hunting leases for the 2017 year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.