FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2016 AT 10:00 A.M.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $70,000.00 LUMP SUM
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $6,500.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $3,500.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 4 – $3,500.00 PER ACRE
Sale to be held at Sullivan Auction Site, Hwy. 136 East, Hamilton, IL 62341
148.76 SURVEYED ACRES • 4 TRACTS
OPEN HOUSE DATES:
Saturday, October 8, 2016 from 12:00 Noon – 1:00 P.M.
Monday, October 17, 2016 from 3:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
LOCATION AND GENERAL INFORMATION
The Quesenberry Farm is ideally located along Hwy 9/96 between Dallas City, IL & the Niota, IL/Ft. Madison, IA bridge in Sections 8 & 9 of Pontoosuc Township in Hancock County, IL. The farm will be sold in 4 individual tracts, all of which have recently been surveyed. The auction will be held at Sullivan Auction Site, Hamilton, IL.
TRACT 1 – 4 BEDROOM BRICK HOME
- Beautiful country home situated on .09 surveyed acres which includes the yard, blacktop drive & white vinyl fence. This is a very nice, all brick ranch style 4 bedroom home with full basement & attached garage. The home also has a fireplace on the main level with an additional fireplace in the basement. Please note the open house dates!
TRACT 2 – 15.45 SURVEYED ACRES
- FSA figures indicate this tract as being 100% tillable with 15.72 acres currently in row crop production.
- Highly productive soils include Lawson & Jasper (80%) with other smaller complexes. The PI on this tract is 132.6!
- Access by Hwy 9/96 on the entire north side.
TRACT 3 – 50.46 SURVEYED ACRES
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 16 acres tillable in this tract, most of which is currently in hay production. GREAT FOOD PLOT AREAS!
- The balance acres of this tract represent large hardwood timber, trophy whitetail deer habitat & amazing bluff views of the Mississippi River valley!
- This tract also includes an older 2 story home which is currently under renovation. This would not only make a primary residence but could also serve as a hunting cabin/weekend getaway! In addition to the home there is also a good metel clad pole type machine shed and several other outbuildings.
- Access to the home and farm is by way of the driveway on Hwy 9/96.
TRACT 4 – 81.95 SURVEYED ACRES
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 37 acres currently in row crop production.
- The balance acres of this tract represents a “tremendous” trophy whitetail property. The deer & wild turkey sign is everywhere! Beautiful farm with large mature hardwood timber & great Mississippi River bottom views.
- Excellent access to this tract from the east by N Cty Rd 1530.
METHOD AND TERMS
The Quesenberry farm will be sold in 4 individual tracts, all of which have resently been surveyed. Tract 1, which includes the newer home, will sell first and for a “LUMP SUM” or total dollar amount, and NOT on a price per acre basis. After Tract 1 has been sold we will sell Tracts 2, 3 & 4 on a price per acre basis. These tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice” whereas the high bidder can elect any or all of these 3 tracts for their high bid. If the high bidder does not elect all 3 tracts, the remaining tract(s) will then be offered “Buyer’s Choice”. After all 3 tracts have been sold we will NOT offer the entire farm in it’s entirety. The tracts will not be combined.
Ten percent (10%) of the bid price will be due on the day of the auction, with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at the time of closing. Title insurance in the full amount of the final bid price will be provided by the seller. The 2016 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2017, will be paid by the seller. Possession will be given at the time of closing on all 4 tracts subject only to the removal of the 2016 crop on all of the tillable acres. None of the tracts have any hunting leases and sell with full ‘16 hunting rights.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Martha Quesenberry Estate
Susan M. Maddux – Executor
Thomas F. Hartzell
Hartzell, Tucker & Hartzell
Carthage, IL 62321