Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $12,000.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $12,000.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $9,400.00 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $2,551,270.00
Sale to be held at the Linkin Center, 113 W Main St., New London, IA 52645
237.88 Acres± • 3 Tracts
The Byrum Farms are located in Sections 21, 22, 26 & 35, Canaan Township, Henry County, IA. 7 miles north of New London, IA (9 miles northeast of Mt. Pleasant, IA.) At the east edge of New London, IA take Co. Rd. X23 (Racine Ave.) north 4 miles to Co. Rd. H38 (220th St.). Turn left or west on Co. Rd. H38 and go 1 mile to Quaker Ave. Turn right or north on Quaker Ave. and proceed 1 mile to the Tracts 1 & 2. To access Tract 3 continue west on Co. Rd. H38 2¼ miles to Oasis Ave. Turn right or north on Oasis Ave. and go 2½ miles to the farm. (Be watching for presale directional signs.)
TRACT 1 – 40.46 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 38.67 acres tillable
- Highly productive Mahaska, Taintor & Otley soils
- CSR2 is 86!
- Access is on the west by Qauker Ave. & on the south by 210th St. (A level B road)
TRACT 1 PHOTOS
TRACT 2 – 80.77 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 76.85 acres tillable
- Productive soils include Mahaska, Taintor, & Kalona
- CSR2 is 77.9!
- Access is on the north by 210th St. (A level B road)
TRACT 2 PHOTOS
TRACTS 1 & 2 AERIAL MAP
TRACTS 1 & 2 SOIL MAPS
TRACT 3 – 116.65± Acres
- FSA information should indicate 106.88 acres tillable including 3 acres that is in CRP (waterway buffer strips) at $264.48 per acre expiring 2027. The balance of this tract is in waterways & a bin/building site.
- Highly productive Mahaska, Taintor, & Otley soils.
- CSR2 is 84.7!
- This tract is improved with some field drainage tile in the eastern portion of the parcel as well as nearly 27,000 bu. of grain storage and a 48’ x 96’ metal storage building.
- Access is on the west by Oasis Ave.
TRACT 3 PHOTOS
TRACT 3 AERIAL
TRACT 3 SOIL MAP
METHOD & TERMS
The Byrum Farms will be sold in 3 individual tracts. Tracts 1 & 2 will be sold first on a price per acre basis, based on a prior completed survey. Both tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice,” whereas the high bidder can elect either or both tracts for their high bid. Tract 3 will be sold next on a price per acre basis, based on the advertised acres found in this brochure. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Closing on all tracts is scheduled to be in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, September 25, 2017. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the sellers. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession will be given at the time of closing, subject to a lease for the 2017 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate, however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.