Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 10:00 A.M.
Property Preview: Wednesday, May 26th 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 Noon
Auction to be conducted as a Virtual, Online Auction. No on-site bidding permitted.
If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161. Thank you.
Click here to continue to this Proxibid event. After entering, click on ‘Participate in this Event’ which will allow you to participate if you have an account with Proxibid or it also will allow you to set up an account and then participate.
The Larkey Trust Property is located in Section 23, South Fork Township, Jackson County, IA, in the western portion of Maquoketa, IA. (Be watching for presale directional signs.)
Parcel 1 • Maquoketa Livestock Sales Facility & 32.78 Surveyed Acres±
Mark your calendars now for this upcoming Jackson County, Iowa real estate auction featuring the Maquoketa Livestock Sales Facility that is situated on over 33 acres. This auction offers an unprecedented opportunity to purchase an ongoing livestock auction facility that consistently handles several thousand head of livestock every year.
- Fully operational livestock auction facility that includes offices & kitchen area, large auction pavilion, drive through cattle drop area, loading chutes, guard rail holding pens (several with automatic waters), a Howe 20,000# scale, and vet working area.
- Averaged nearly 29,000 head of cattle annually over the last 3 years.
- Capable of handling over 2,000 head on auction day, with ample room for expansion.
- Jackson County, IA & several adjoining counties rank in the Top 10 in Iowa for cattle production.
- 60’ x 80’ & 20’ x 60’ storage buildings recently used for hay storage.
- 40’ x 100’ building recently utilized as a horse barn.
- (4) Grain bins totaling over 36,000 bu. of grain storage, all with aeration floors.
- FSA information indicates 26 acres tillable with a CSR2 of 86.5!
- If you have ever had any aspirations to be in the livestock auction industry, we urge you to take a look at this facility that offers unlimited business and development potential!
- Estimated Real Estate Taxes: $8,364.00
Parcel 2 • Large 2 Story Home
Physical Address: 18104 33rd St., Maquoketa, IA 52060
- This parcel features a large 2 story home that includes 3 bedrooms, a single bath and 1,682 sq. ft. of living area. Other amenities include a GFA furnace, vinyl siding and a newer metal roof.
- This dwelling is situated on a nice sized 106’ x 155’ lot and would make a nice addition to the livestock auction facility for the yard manager or sale manager.
- Estimated Real Estate Taxes: $1,386.00
Parcel 3 • Attractive Ranch Style Home
Physical Address: 18158 33rd St., Maquoketa, IA 52060
- This parcel offers a 3 bedroom ranch style home that includes 3 bedrooms, 1¾ baths and 1,020 sq. ft. of living area. There is a 2 car attached garage, a nice sunporch on the front of the home and an appealing white vinyl fence. This dwelling would also make a great addition for the livestock auction facility manager or other support staff.
- Estimated Real Estate Taxes: $1,212.00
METHOD & TERMS
The Larkey Trust Properties will be sold in three (3) individual tracts. All 3 tracts will be sold for a “Lump Sum”, total dollar amount. The properties will NOT be offered in their entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Friday, July 9, 2021 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession on Parcel 1 (the livestock auction facility) will be given at the time of closing. Possession on the tillable acres on Parcel 1 will be subject to a lease with the tenant. Possession on Parcels 2 & 3 will be subject to leases with tenants. For complete details contact the auction company.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Also selling at Timed Online Business Related Auction
Items begin closing Wednesday, June 9th Starting at 12:00 Noon
Items located at the Maquoketa Livestock Facility
PICKUP & DUMP TRUCK
- 2006 Ford F350 Super Duty 4wd pickup, regular cab, 6.0L diesel engine, auto trans., nicely equipped w/ cloth interior, 275/70R18 tires, sells complete w/ a 2014 Featherlite 8’ x 8½’ aluminum flat bed, gooseneck ball hitch, showing 129,201 miles, VIN IA042006, Prior Salvage TITLE
- 1992 International 4700 tandem axle dump truck, DT466 engine, auto trans., twin screw, spring ride, air brakes, 13’ steel dump box w/ 36” sides, 22.5 tires, showing 100,064 miles, VIN 1HTSCPHN2NH439060, ENGINE RUNS BUT HAS ISSUES!
TOOLS & SUPPORT ITEMS
- Stihl MS 311 chain saw
- Honda GX90 gas power washer
- Sanborn Magna Force 5hp 25 gal. air compressor
- Milwaukee M18 18 volt sawzall
- Milwaukee M18 18 volt grease gun, less charger
- Milwaukee M18 18 volt ½” impact
- Milwaukee M18 18 volt 4½” grinder/cutoff saw, less charger
- Milwaukee M18 18 volt circular saw
- Milwaukee M18 18 volt 3/8” drill
- Milwaukee M18 ¼” impact driver & flashlight
- Milwaukee ½” hammer drill
- Milwaukee 7¼” circular saw
- Black & Decker ½” drill
- Cordless drill and bit set
- Grip impact sockets
- Lawnboy 21” lawnmower
- Toro 98cc Powerlite gas snowblower
- Dolmar MS-261 weedeater
- Ready Heater 55 heater
- Graco Magnum X7 airless paint sprayer
- Campbell Hausfeld electric 1,500 PSI power washer
- Aztek air compressor
- Crescent standard wrench set
- Crescent 3/8” socket set
- Hammers and other wrenches
- (2) Shop-Vac vacuums
- Hi-Lift 484 handyman jack
- Post hole digger, mall & other long handled tools
- 24’ aluminum ext. ladder & other ladders
- Quantity of nuts/bolts & other hardware
- Saw horses
- Wheel barrows
- Air pigs
- Chain binders
- Garden hoses
- Garden tools
- Quantity of ¾” cable
- (5) bus seats
- Behlen MX-V cattle working chute w/ automatic head gate
- (11) Palco 11’ corral panels
- (3) Palco 12’ corral panels
- (3) Scranton 14’ corral panels
- (7) Scranton 12’ corral panels
- (5) Scranton 10’ corral panels
- 10’ Scranton 10’ walk through gate
- (12) H&W 12’ corral gates
- (8) Big Valley 10’ corral panels & (2) walk through gates
- Quantity of other corral panels, various lengths
- Foremost cattle alley way w/ corners, rougher condition
- (5) 12’ steel horse stall sides
- (7) 5’ steel horse stall sides
- (5) 22’ steel feed bunks
- (9) 16’ wooden feed bunks
- 15’ wooden feed bunk
- (5) 6’ wooden feed bunks
- (3) HD square bale feeders
- (5) round bale feeders
- Tire feeders
- Horse tack box
- Various horse tack
- (3) 30” x 64” double compartment rabbit hutches
- Steel posts
- Gate hinges and hinge plates
- Oyster Clipmaster 510A clippers
- Hutchison 8″ x 45′ auger with electric motor
- Galvanized flare box wagon & gear w/ hoist
- Wood flare box wagon & gear
- (2) 3-pt. bale stabbers
- (2) 300 gal. fuel tanks & stands
- (8) Allis Chalmers front tractor weights
- Oval poly auger hopper and others
- Various tires
- 2007 Frigidaire 18 cu. ft. refrigerator
- G.E 17 cu. ft. refrigerator
- Amana First Addition electric range
- Samsung microwave
- HP Office Jet Pro 8630 printer
- Black & Decker apartment refrigerator
- Sharp ER-156 4L electronic cash register
- Vintage Camel Winston metal cigarette display
- Vintage Howe Scale sign
- W.L. Frazier & Co. Aurora, IL high wheeled sulky cart
- IH cream separator for parts
- Square tub washer
- (61) round bales of corn stalks
- (160) round bales of grass hay
- (108) big square bales of grass hay
- (90) small square bales of 2nd cutting alfalfa hay
- (80) small square bales of grass hay
- All stored inside, to be removed by August 1, 2021
Please Note: This portion of the Maquoketa Livestock Sales auction will be a no-reserve timed online auction format. No onsite bidding! There will be no buyer’s premium charged. Everyone will settle for the hammer price. Sullivan Auctioneers’ crew will be available to assist in load out on Thursday, June 10th from 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Maquoketa Livestock Sales
Robert F. Larkey Trust
Myrna J. Larkey Trust
Robin Krogman – Executor
Scarlet Dietz – Executor
3425 East Locust, Suite 201
Davenport, IA 52803
Phone: (563) 326-4060
Auction Managers: Jim Huff (319) 931-9292 & John Probasco (641) 856-7355