Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 1:00 p.m.
Auction to be held at the Diamond Trail Golf Club, 9364 E 146th St S, Lynnville, IA 50153
256 Acres± (subject to survey) • 4 Tracts
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $4,500.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $8,700.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $4,100.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 4 – $4,500.00 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $1,487,825.00
The Gertsma Farms are located in both Jasper & Poweshiek Counties in Iowa. Tracts 1 and 2 are located in Section 13 of Lynn Grove Township, Jasper County, Iowa, approximately 1/2 mile southeast of Lynnville, Iowa on Cty. Rd. T38. Tracts 3 & 4 are located in Section 5 of Sugar Creek Township, Poweshiek County, Iowa, 1 mile northwest of Searsboro, Iowa on St. Hwy. 146. (Be watching for presale directional signs.)
Tract 1 – 54 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information should indicate 34 acres tillable that is currently in row crop production, with the balance being 19.84 acres of pasture.
- Productive soils include Nodaway, Judson & Clinton.
- CSR2 is 70.9 (tillable acres).
- Access is on the south by Timber Ave.
Tract 2 – 90 Acres±
- FSA information should indicate 88 acres tillable that is currently in row crop production.
- Productive soils include Ely, Ladoga & Otley.
- CSR2 is 65.1 (tillable acres).
- This tract is improved with an older 2 story farmhouse, a detached garage and a set of older machinery and livestock buildings. These structures are selling subject to a Life Estate favoring a family member.
- Access is on the north by Timber Ave. and from the west by Cty. Rd. T38.
Tract 3 – 70 Acres±
- FSA information should indicate 40.43 acres tillable with 22.83 acres currently in row crop production. The balance of this tract is in pasture and wooded areas suitable for all recreational activities.
- Soils include Colo, Otley & Ladoga.
- CSR2 is 44.5 (tillable acres).
- Access is on the northeast by St. Hwy. 146 and on the north by 485th Ave.
Tract 4 – 42 Acres±
- FSA information should indicate 40.37 acres tillable with approximately 16 acres in row crop production with the balance being in pasture.
- Productive soils include Otley, Ladoga & Colo.
- CSR2 is 46.3.
- Access is on the southwest by St. Hwy. 146 and on the north by 485th Ave.
METHOD & TERMS
The Gertsma Farms will be sold on a price per acre basis. Tract 1 will be surveyed prior to the auction with the surveyed acres used to constitute the final settlement price. Tracts 2, 3 & 4 will be sold based on the advertised acres found in this brochure. Tracts 1 & 2 will be offered first through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice” whereas the high bidder can take either or both tracts for their high bid. Tracts 3 & 4 will be offered next through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice” whereas the high bidder can take either or both tracts for their high bid. All tracts will be sold individually and NOT be combined at the conclusion of the auction.
Ten percent (10%) of the final bid price will be paid on the day of sale with the balance due at the time of closing, in approximately 45 days, on or before August 7, 2017, upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful buyer(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the sellers. Taxes will be prorated to the date of closing based on the last available tax statement. Full possession on the tillable acres of all tracts will be given at the time of closing. Possession on the 19.84 acres of pasture on Tract 1 is subject to a pasture lease for 2017. Possession of the homestead on Tract 2 is subject to a Life Estate. The tillable acres on all tracts are being custom farmed with the seller paying all input costs and the buyer receiving 100% of the growing crop at the time of closing. For complete details contact the auction company.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.