139 Acres± • Selling in 3 Tracts
Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 4:00 P.M.
OPEN HOUSE: OCTOBER 14TH FROM 4:00 – 5:00 P.M.
Auction to be held at the Best Western Fairfield Inn, 2200 W Burlington Ave, Fairfield, IA 52556
The Metcalf Farm is located in Sections 20, 29 & 30, Liberty Township, Jefferson County, IA. In Libertyville, IA take Indigo Blvd. southeast a 1/2 mile to Hawthorne Ave. turn right or south and proceed 1 3/4 miles to the property. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
Physical Address: 2642 Hawthorne Ave., Fairfield, Iowa
Tract 1 • 25 Acres± & Country Home (subject to survey)
- This tract is improved with a large 1 1/2 story country home that includes 4 bedrooms and 2,754 sq. ft. of living area. The home features large rooms, a main floor laundry and a full basement. Included on this parcel is a nice 30’ x 50’ steel utility building with a 20’ x 50’ lean to addition and a 23’ x 70’ steel hay/machinery storage building. The balance of this tract offers attractive recreational acreage and pond.
- If you are looking for a country acreage to raise your family with the convenience of having the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors we urge you to take a look at this Jefferson County, IA property.
- Access is on the southeast by Hawthorne Ave.
Tract 2 • 25 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information indicates 19.90 acres tillable with an additional 2 acres being tilled in the northwest portion of the parcel. The balance of this tract is in a wooded area in the extreme northwest and waterways.
- Weller & Beckwith soils
- CSR2 is 48 (51.7 on the tillable acres)
- Access is on the south by 266th St. via a driveway that will require construction. Said driveway has been approved by the Jefferson County Secondary Road department and is subject to their specifications. All driveway installation costs will be the buyer’s responsibility.
Tract 3 • 89 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information indicates 43.42 acres tillable that is currently in row crop and hay production. The balance of this tract is in hardwood timber areas and draws, offering outstanding whitetail deer and wild turkey hunting opportunities.
- Soils include Nowaway-Vesser-Ackmore & Weller
- CSR2 is 47.5 (50.5 on the tillable acres) • Access is on the east by Hawthorne Ave.
METHOD & TERMS
The Metcalf Farm will be sold in three (3) individual tracts based on a survey that is currently in progress, with the said surveyed acres used to constitute the final settlement price. Tract 1 will sell first for a “lump sum” total dollar amount. Tracts 2 & 3 will be sold next and will be offered through the marketing method of “buyers choice” whereas the high bidder can take either or both tracts for their high bid. Buyers choice auctioning will continue until both tracts are sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is not contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, November 25, 2019 on Tracts 1 & 2. Closing for Tract 3 will take place in approximately 70 days on or before Friday, January 3, 2020. Possession on all tracts will be given at the time of closing upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Upon the receipt of the 10% down payment and proof of liability insurance, buyer(s) will receive possession for hunting rights. For complete details contact the auction company.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Tract 1 Photos
Tracts 2 & 3 Photos
Actual Trail Cam Photos Taken Off Of The Farm
Fred & Jacquelynne Metcalf
Foss, Kuiken, & Cochran, P.C.
100 E. Burlington Ave. Ste 201
Fairfield, Iowa 52556
Phone: (641) 472-3129
Auction Manager: Jim Huff (319) 931-9292 & Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320