349.24 Acres± • 3 Tracts
Friday, February 5, 2021 at 10:00 A.M.
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $8,100 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $5,200 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $8,100 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $2,594,900.00
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online only auction. No on-site bidding permitted.
If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161. Thank you.
The Ruggles Farms are located in Sections 4 & 9, Locust Grove Township & Sections 22 & 23, Polk Township, Jefferson County, IA. From the south edge of Packwood, IA go east 1 mile on Co. Rd. H17 (125th St.) to Elm Ave. Turn right or south and go 1½ miles to Tracts 1 & 2. To access Tract 3 go south of Packwood, IA on Co. Rd. V63 (Packwood Rd.) 5 miles to Brookville Rd. Turn right or west and proceed northwest 2 miles to Carnation Blvd. Turn right or south and go a ½ mile to the tract. (Be watching for presale directional signs).
Tract 1 – 160 Deeded Acres
- FSA information indicates 150.12 acres tillable, with the balance in a wooded draw and waterways.
- Productive soils include Otley, Mahaska & Taintor
- CSR2 is 74.7
- This tract is improved with terraces with field drainage tile inlets.
- Access is on the west by Elm Ave.
Tract 2 – 80 Deeded Acres
- FSA information indicates 54.06 acres tillable including 31.72 acres in CRP (CP1) with a payment of $239.61 per acre expiring in 2025. The balance of this parcel is in wooded draws, offering attractive recreational acreage.
- Soils include Shelby, Otley & Clarinda
- CSR2 is 54.9
- There is an older 2 story home, a smaller grain bin and 2 older outbuildings on this tract adding little or no value.
- Access is on the east by Elm Ave.
Tract 3 – 109.24 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates 100.93 acres tillable, with the balance in wooded draws.
- Productive Givin, Hedrick & Rubio soils
- CSR2 is 76.8
- Access is on the northeast by Carnation Ave.
Method & Terms
The Ruggles Farm will be sold in three (3) individual tracts. Tracts 1 & 2 will be sold on a price per acre basis based on the deeded acres. Tract 3 will be sold on a price per acre basis based on a survey that has recently been completed All tracts will be sold through the marketing method of “buyer’s choice”, whereas the high bidder can take any or all tracts for their high bid. “Buyer’s choice” auctioning will continue until all tracts have been sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is not contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, March 8, 2021 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession on all tracts will be given at the time of closing subject to a farm lease for the 2021 crop year. Contact the auction company for details.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
The Colleen Ruggles Estate
Bryan Ruggles, Toni Greene, Brenda Burden & Elizabeth Murray
Foss, Kuiken, & Cochran, P.C.
100 E. Burlington Ave. Ste. 201, Fairfield, Iowa
Phone: (641) 472-3129
Jim Huff (319) 931-9292
Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320