159.2 Surveyed Acres • 3 Tracts
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $1,500.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $2,000.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $1,500.00 PER ACRE
Monday, September 23, 2019 at 4:00 P.M.
Auction Venue: Hedrick Community Center, 109 N. Main Street, Hedrick, Iowa
Location: The Smith Family Trust Farm is located in Sections 11 & 12, Benton Township, Keokuk County, IA. At the west edge of Hedrick, IA on St. Hwy. 149 go north on 150th St. 3½ miles to the farm. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
Tract 1 • 29 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates 19.30 acres tillable. The balance of this parcel is in wooded draws offering great cover for all species of wildlife.
- Productive soils include Clinton & Lindley-Keswick
- CSR2 is 52.2 (61.5 tillable acres)
- Access is on the north by 295th St.
Tract 2 • 50.44 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information indicates 38.53 acres tillable. The balance of this tract is in wooded draws in the northeast and southwest portions of the tract featuring attractive recreational acreage.
- Productive Clinton & Lindley-Keswick soils
- CSR2 is 53.8 (59.1 tillable acres)
- Access is on the north by 295th St. & on the east by 150th St.
Tract 3 • 79.76 Surveyed Acres
- FSA information should indicate 18.78 acres tillable and there is a 9 acre open meadow in the eastern portion of the tract that is not included in the tillable acres. The remainder of this parcel offers highly attractive recreational acreage including a hardwood timber area in the western portion featuring excellent cover for whitetail deer and wild turkey. The tillable acres on this tract offer ample areas for food plots and open sites for wildlife viewing.
- Soils include Nodaway-Ackmore-Vesser, Clinton & Lindley-Keswick
- CSR2 is 43.2 (48.6 tillable acres)
- Access is on the east by 150th St.
Method & Terms: The Smith Family Trust Farm will be sold in three (3) individual tracts based on a survey that is currently in progress, with the said surveyed acres used to constitute the final settlement price. All three (3) tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “buyers choice” whereas the high bidder can take any or all tracts for their high bid. Buyers choice auctioning will continue until all three (3) tracts are sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is not contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Wednesday, October 23, 2019 upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Possession will be given at the time of closing subject to a lease with tenants. Please note, The Smith Family Trust will not be conveying any mineral rights with this farm. For complete details contact the auction company.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Lyle V. Smith Family Trust
Merle Smith – Trustee
Foss, Kuiken, & Cochran, P.C.
100 E. Burlington Ave. Ste 201
Fairfield, Iowa 52556
Phone: (641) 472-3129
Auction Managers: Jim Huff (319) 931-9292 & Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320