Lewis County, Missouri Land Auction
Tuesday, August 17, 2021 - 5:00 pm Central
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online auction. If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161
Lewis County, Missouri
Land is located approximately 3 miles north of Ewing, MO (5 miles south of Monticello, MO or 20 miles west of Quincy, IL) in Sections 30 & 31, T61N•R7W, Highland Township, Lewis County, MO. From Ewing, MO (Jct. of Hwy. 6 & C) take Hwy. C north approximately 2.5 miles to Hwy. BB continue north 3/4 mile to Hawthorn Street (CR 508), then west and south approximately 1.25 miles to farm.
Ruth Lair Estate
Bill Fretwell (660) 341-7735
55 Acres± • 1 Tract
Land represents productive improved pastureland and is improved with a single story country home and outbuildings.
Open House: Saturday, July 31st • 12 Noon – 2:00 P.M.
Method & Terms
- 55 Taxable Acres.
- FSA figures should indicate approximately 36.83 open acres currently in improved pasture/hay production.
- Soil types: VanMeter, Winfield, Keswick, Gorin & Fatima.
- Land represents productive improved pastureland with the balance in hardwood timber, wooded draws, pond and Middle Fabius River to the south. Farm offers very good whitetail deer & wild turkey hunting acreage.
- Tract is improved with a well maintained single story 1968 built 1,712 sq. ft., 3 bedroom, 2 bath, country home with basement and attached 24’ x 25’ garage.
- Home features spacious living room/kitchen area with attached step-down multi-purpose room, central air, gas heat with additional electric baseboard heat, excellent solid hardwood floors throughout except for kitchen & bathroom area. Refrigerator & stove convey.
- Other improvements include a 24′ x 48′ open front barn, 12’ x 24’ utility building, grain bin, 58’ x 54’ livestock/machinery pole barn, and a very attractive fully renovated 32’ x 42’ livestock barn with 12’ x 32’ lean-to, overhead door, concrete floor & loft.
- Farm has rural water as well as a deep well and multiple outdoor hydrants.
- Asphalt lane leading to the house.
- Access from the east by Hawthorn Street (CR 508).
Farm will be sold for a lump sum total dollar amount.
Bidding is NOT contingent upon financing.
At the auction immediately following the bidding, the winning bidder(s) will be required to sign a real estate sales contract and pay ten percent (10%) of the purchase price as a non-refundable down payment payable to Knox County Abstract which shall hold the money in escrow until closing.
The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing which will take place at Knox County Abstract on or before September 17, 2021.
Possession will be given at time of closing subject to the current livestock lease which expires November 1, 2021. The 2021 real estate taxes will be prorated to date of closing. The 2022 real estate taxes and subsequent years will be the responsibility of the buyer. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. Closing cost will be split between buyer and seller.
All announcements made sale day take precedence over prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by seller or Sullivan Auctioneers, LLC pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold “AS IS”.
Ruth Lair Estate
Title Work By:
Knox County Abstract
103 S. First Street
Auction Manager: Bill Fretwell (660) 341-7735
Also Selling – Timed Online Personal Property @ 6:00 PM!
Selling tractors to include IHC 656 hydro; ‘92 Mercury Grand Marquis 4 door car; JD LT155 riding lawn mower; attachments; chainsaw; weedeaters; 7’ 3 pt. rotary mower; post hole digger; log splitter; jon boat; canoe; lumber; polly feedbunk; garden tiller; (2) seed cleaners; buzz saw on stand; other farm related items; canning jars; etc.
Please Note: The personal property will sell through a timed online event immediately after the real estate at 6:00 P.M.