Friday, March 6, 2020 at 3:00 P.M.
Auction to be held at the West Point American Legion, 309 5th st., West Point, IA
180 Acres± (subject to survey) • 3 Tracts
Location & General Information
The Kassmeyer Farm is located in Section 2 & 3, Pleasant Ridge Township, Lee County, IA. At the north edge of West Point, IA on Co. Rd. K23 go north 7 miles to Lee-Henry St. Turn right or east and proceed 2 miles to 255th Ave. Turn right or south and go 1 mile to the farm. (Be watching for presale directional signs)
Make plans now to attend this upcoming Lee County, IA land auction. This farm offers productive, tillable farmland that is currently in hay production and improved pastureland. Tracts 2 & 3 feature above average fences, an open front hay and livestock building, automatic cattle waterers as well as attractive recreational acreage. Tract 1 includes a very nice grain bin as well as an older cattle feeding facility. This is an auction you will not want to miss!
Tract 1 • 9 Acres± (subject to survey)
- This small tract offers a nice 10,000 bu. grain bin, an older cattle feeding facility as well as an older open front cattle shed.
- There is a small meadow currently in hay production that would make an attractive home building site and rural water is located on the property.
- Access is on the east by 255th Ave.
Tract 2 • 109 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information indicates 87.19 acres currently in hay production and improved pastureland. The balance of this parcel includes wooded draws, a pond and the fences are in above average condition.
- Weller, Lindley & Douds soils
- CSR2 is 36.1
- Access is on the south by 110th St. via a driveway that will require construction. Said driveway has been approved by the Lee County Engineers office and subject to their specifications. All driveway expenses including permits and construction will be the responsibility of the buyer.
Tract 3 • 62 Acres± (subject to survey)
- FSA information indicates 12.90 acres tillable currently in hay production. The balance of this tract features open pasture, a pond and a hardwood timber area in the northeast portion, that offers attractive recreational acreage.
- Soils include Douds, Lindley-Kewick & Weller
- CSR2 is 41.6
- This parcel is improved with a 42’ x 64’ steal storage building that has recently been used for hay storage and a self-drink cattle waterer
- Access is on the south by 110th St. via an owned 40’ access road.
Method & Terms
The Kassmeyer Farm will be sold in three (3) individual tracts based on a survey that is currently in progress, with the said surveyed acres used to constitute the final settlement price. All three (3) tracts will be offered through the marketing method of “buyers choice” whereas the high bidder can take any or all tracts for their high bid. Buyers choice auctioning will continue until all three (3) tracts are sold. The farm will NOT be offered in its entirety or in any combinations. Bidding is not contingent upon financing.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due in approximately 30 days, on or before Monday, April 6, 2020, upon delivery of a merchantable abstract and deed. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller. The real estate taxes will be prorated to the date of closing. Full possession will be given at the time of closing. Farm sells with full farming and grazing rights for 2020.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Valencia “Val” Kassmeyer & The Late Robert Kassmeyer
Robert N. Johnson III
627 Ave. G #2
Fort Madison, IA 52627
Phone: (319) 372-3773
Jim Huff (319) 931-9292
Jeff Hoyer (319) 759-4320