444.79 Acres • 3 Tracts
SOLD! TRACT 1 – $6,200.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 2 – $5,250.00 PER ACRE
SOLD! TRACT 3 – $5,850.00 PER ACRE
TOTAL – $2,457,274.00
Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Auction to be conducted as a virtual, online only auction. No on-site bidding permitted.
If you need assistance with internet bidding, please contact our office at (844) 847-2161. Thank you.
Click here to continue to this Proxibid event. After entering, click on ‘Participate in this Event’ which will allow you to participate if you have an account with Proxibid or it also will allow you to set up an account and then participate.
AUCTIONEERS’ NOTE: Mark your calendars now and make plans to participate in the large Central Illinois Equipment & Land Auction. Equipment will sell through a “Timed Online” format and the land will sell through a “Virtual Online” format. Sullivan Auctioneers are paying all buyer’s fees. The late Pat Watson was very generous and donated a large portion of his estate to St. Jude Hospital, Futures Unlimited, and local churches.
INSPECTION DATE: Tuesday, September 8th • 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or by appointment.
Loader tractor and auction personnel will be available sale day and Friday, September 11th to assist in load out. All announcements sale day take precedence.
TRACTS 1 & 2 ARE PART OF THE “PATRICK J. WATSON ESTATE”
Tract 1 – 79.67 Taxable Acres
- Located approximately 2 miles northeast of Blackstone, IL (southeast of Streator, IL)
- Described as being in Section 5, T30N•R5E, Sunbury Township, Livingston County, IL
- Productivity Index: 119.4
- Excellent Fertility — pH 6.3; P 75# / per acre; K 460# / per acre
- FSA records should indicate 77.53 tillable acres
- Access is along the west side from 1300 E Rd.
Tract 2 – 287.72 Taxable Acres
- Located approximately 4.5 miles northeast of Blackstone, IL (southeast of Streator, IL)
- Described as being in Section 1, T30N•R5E, Sunbury Township, Livingston County, IL
- Productivity Index: 119.2
- Excellent Fertility — pH 6.2; P 120# / per acre; K 377# / per acre
- FSA records should indicate 272 tillable acres
- There are 16.52 CRP acres with annual payment of $4,956.00 through 8/30/28
- There is an old building site that sits on this farm
- Access is along the north side from 3300 N Rd.
Crop Insurance Records Yield History (since 2013)
Tract 1: Corn 168 bu./ac. • Beans 54 bu./ac.
Tract 2: Corn 165 bu./ac. • Beans 57 bu./ac.
TRACT 3 IS OWNED BY THE TRAINOR FAMILY TRUST
Tract 3 – 77.4 Acres
- Located approximately 1/2 mile south of Tract 2, northeast of Blackstone, IL (southeast of Streator, IL)
- Described as being in Section 12, T30N•R5E, Sunbury Township, Livingston County, IL
- Productivity Index: 117.8
- Excellent Fertility – pH 6.5; P 51# per acre; K 486 # per acre
- FSA records should indicate 65.87 tillable acres
- There are 8.64 CRP acres with annual payment of $1,815.00 through 9/30/2033
- The seller will install a crossing to the other side of the ditch in order to provide access to the tract that lies southeast of the draining ditch, if necessary. Please contact the auction manager for details.
Crop Insurance Records Yield History (since 2013)
Tract 3: Corn 184 bu./ac. • Beans 45 bu./ac.
New tile installed Spring 2020. The 12″ main connects to the new 12″ smooth wall pipe that is under the road. The red on drawing is 12″ tile. The black on drawing is 6″ tile.
Method & Terms: The farms will be sold in 3 individual tracts and will be offered through the marketing method of “Buyer’s Choice”, whereas the high bidder can elect any or all tracts for their high bid. If the high bidder does not elect all 3 tracts, the remaining tract(s) will continue to be offered “Buyer’s Choice” until all tracts have been elected. After all tracts have been sold, we will NOT offer the farm in any type of combinations. Each sale will be final. Immediately following the auction, the successful bidder(s) shall enter into a written agreement with the seller.
Ten (10%) percent of the bid price to be due on the day of sale with the balance due at closing in approximately 30 days, on or before Tuesday, October 13, 2020. Title insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. The 2020 real estate taxes, due and payable in 2021, will be paid by the seller. The farm sells with a tenant for the 2020 crop year only. Possession will be given at the time of closing, subject to the current tenant rights for the 2020 crop year.
All announcements sale day shall take precedence over any prior advertising either written or oral. The information in this brochure is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the property. This real estate is being sold “as is”.
Aerial Map • Tract 1
Aerial Map • Tract 2
Aerial Map • Tract 3
Soil Map • Tract 1
Soil Map • Tract 2
Soil Map • Tract 3 (Tillable Portion)
Photos • Tract 1
Photos • Tract 2
Photos • Tract 3
Extensive tile was installed a few years ago on Tract 1, as well as the NW part of Tract 2. Several new mains were also installed at that time on Tract 2 which allows for further tile to be installed in the future.
We will also be selling a full line of machinery for the Watson Estate via a Timed Online Auction at 10:00 A.M. on the same day. Click here for details.
Seller of Tracts 1 & 2:
Patrick J. Watson Estate
Raymond Watson, Executor
In Conjunction with beneficiary: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Seller of Tract 3:
Trainor Family Trust
C/O Mike Trainor
Auction Manager: Kevin Haas (309) 264-7767
Caughey, Legner, Freehill, Ehrgott & Mann, LLP
204 N Main St
Pontiac IL 61764